Status Quo/Grateful Dead

DivineMomentsofTruth

Forever Shpongled
Dec 9, 2006
Under your bed
Status Quo's one of those bands I never hear much about, however I was looking through my music library and noticed that I have a few songs from "In Search of the Fourth Chord", and it seems to have potential. So what's everyone think of these guys? What albums should I check out?

And as for the Dead, don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Dead fan. They're probably one of my 5 favorite bands of all-time. My collection, however, consists of "The Very Best of the Dead", "Terrapin Station" and one of their live albums. I know there's a whole truckload of good stuff of theirs I've never heard. What's everyone's favorite albums of theirs and/or what should I check out?

Grateful Dead- American Beauty and Workingman's Dead are awesome albums. As for Status Quo I used to love that band as a kid, haven't listened to them in many years, I remember enjoying their albums Dog of two head through to their album Quo.

Yeah, Workingman's/Beauty is probably the most solid stuff they did. But its all pretty damn good, if inconsistent, up through the mid 70s. If you like the Terrapin album, you'll probably enjoy Mars Hotel, Wake of the Flood, Blues for Allah. After about 1977 everything gets shaky.

But obviously their best work is on the live stuff. Europe 72 is hard to beat, and the early concert stuff like Live/Dead and Two from the Vault is pretty amazing.