Steel

kev_uk

New Metal Member
May 22, 2002
Visit site
A while ago my friend sent me 3 MP3s of Mikael's side project called Steel who play 80s kinda Judas Priest hair metal stuff. Very funny stuff, only a joke around band I believe.

On one of the sites in the links it says a 7" is getting released with the 3 songs they made, and I was wondering - has it been released and where can I get it? Also anyone know if Steel has a website?

Thanks guys.

The 7" was released, and contained those 3 songs. They don't have a website, and I'm pretty sure that Dan Swano said that the project was done (as I don't think he enjoyed the resurgence of 80s-type power metal bands like Hammerfall). I really don't think it's that great a loss, as Swano's high-pitched vocals here really grate on me (I think this was intentional too, as this project was a bit of a joke), but "Say Goodbye to Love" has some good regular singing from Swano (as opposed to the high-pitched screeching of the other songs and the rest of "SGTL"). I think the 7" is now out of print (I don't think many were pressed in the first place).

SHIT! I need to find a copy of this, its really funny and I don't actually mind a bit of 80s power metal :)

What was the 7" called?

fuck! there's a link, but i don't know what is it...

sorry guy... anyway, the link exists, and there you can download the 3 songs of the 7"

try searching on the dan swano forum... maybe i found it there...

I have the MP3s I just want the 7" for the sheer collectability of it! I've read about Steel on Swano's website and on the link on one of the better Opeth fan sites.

They should rerelease the 7"! And make an album :D

Weren't there two versions of this 7"? One was a regular 7" with a sleeve (and all 3 tracks) and then the picture 7" with just two?

I own the picture disk version and I'm thinking there were only 2 tracks but I'm at work so I can't check!

Later,

Hi Nebs!
Yes you're right I think. The one that's easier to get hold of has 2 songs only - and it's like a colored picture disc with a part of a car on it if I recall. Hard to find, but not impossible....yet.

I think the original had all 3 songs but I don't know what it looks like, never seen it nor probably ever will. I don't know how many was made of the actual original, but I'd say about 5 or so. ha hahha.
(just kidding, no idea how many)

Originally posted by Nebularus
Weren't there two versions of this 7"? One was a regular 7" with a sleeve (and all 3 tracks) and then the picture 7" with just two?

I own the picture disk version and I'm thinking there were only 2 tracks but I'm at work so I can't check!

Later,
Ah, didn't know that, just ckecked my picture copy and it indeed has only 2 songs, gotta find that third song then!