Stefan Leibing Leaves Primal Fear!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
PRIMAL FEAR guitarist Stefan Leibing has announced his departure from the band. His statement reads as follows:

"Dear Primal Fear fans, after 10 years being in Primal Fear I have decided to take a time out from the music business for some time. I do this for my family, especially for my two little sons, who deserve to have more time together with their father. Of course this is no easy decision, even if I know this is the right one. I leave the guys from Primal Fear in friendship and want to thank them at this point for their understanding and supporting me in this decision. I also want to thank you fans for a wonderful time during the last years! I say good-bye to you, having in mind, that this will NOT be a good-bye forever!"

Primal Fear add: "Well it’s hard to see the curtain fall for a friend and a great player after ten years standing side by side. We have all respect for Stefan’s decision. We were realizing the problems he went through the entire last year . He will be missed as a character and a great guitar player. There’s an open door for Stefan in Primal Fear and we're working on the possibility, that Stefan will contribute a typical Stefan style song to our forthcoming album! Good luck Stefan to you and your family! We will announce our new guitar player tomorrow!"

Stefan will be missed, because he brings a great deal of energy to their live show, not to mention he's a great guitarist. I hope Primal Fear is able to find a replacement with the same bite, but we'll see.

~Brian~

March 4th, 2008 - Magnus Karlsson joins Primal Fear!

We’ve decided to continue with one of the most exciting and respected guitar player in the business - Magnus Karlsson from Sweden. Magnus is known from his excellent work as a guitarist, songwriter and producer for Allen/Lande, Magnum’s Bob Catley, Starbreaker and many more. We’re looking forward to hit the road again with a special Best Of set list and Magnus will be an additional attraction for the shows.

Singer Ralf Scheepers comments: "After working together with Magnus on several songs for our previous albums „Seven Seals“ and “New Religion”, it’s more than a pleasure to have him in the band now. In my ears he is one of the most talented guitarists on this planet and he is also an excellent composer. I absolutely look forward to rock the stages of this world with him!"

Magnus Karlsson added: "I’ve been a big fan of Primal Fear since I first heard them. I love their straight forward metal in combination with beautiful melodies and a world class musicianship. That’s why I’m both honored and excited to join Primal Fear on their mission to show the world that Metal is forever!"

It looks like we’re planning to get back into the recording studio after the summer festival season to work on a new album!

Wow...I didn't see that coming... I think it will be very interesting... his style should add a great element to their sound!

Blessing and a curse to me. While I'm quite happy that Magnus will be in PF, I'm not happy that this will mean fewer projects for him (at least for the forseeable future). I love all of his melodic metal projects - Last Tribe, Planet Alliance, Starbreaker, Allen/Lande, etc and I'd like to see more of those. Hopefully he'll still find time for those. Love his playing!