Steve Wilson and Blackfield

VampiricYouth

Jul 15, 2005
Has anyone heard this duo? Wilson and Israeli Goth Rock artist Aviv Geffen. It's really great stuff, definitely advise a listen.

Steven Wilson is a musical genius. I love Porcupine Tree, both their more psychedelic first period and their more progressive and heavier later period. Wilson also has another project with Tim Bowness, called No-Man. They play an ambient style of jazz, electronica and progressive and Wilson has commented that the No-Man stuff has always been his favourite out of all his projects.

As for Blackfield with Aviv Geffen, I feel it's a more poppier version of Porcupine Tree with different vocals, but equally compelling and powerful.

Have you guys heard the Italian project Nosound? It is basically a one-man band that is highly influenced by Steven Wilson's earlier projects and No-Man. Even Steven Wilson himself praised this guy's music to heavens. Just go to the link and read his comments. Also check out the sound samples.

NP: Nosound - Sol29

Blackfield is amazing, i prefer them to porcupine whom i also think are great, but i mean, its hard to say that considering they only have one album, compared to loads that PT have. but at the end of the day, the blackfield album is right up there in my top albums list. it is simillar to PT (OBVIOUSLY i know) and i look forward to the new album

stefan86 said:
It's pretty nice stuff. Esp. the song "Blackfield". Addictive as hell.

Yes, it's kind of depressing too. I remember when I first heard it, I was hooked up without even hearing it more times.

It's pretty weird :err: , it's been along time since I last heard it. Maybe over half year. And yesterday I accidentally found it in my ''music library'', without reading the thread, and listent to it. And the thread was posted yesterday too... kinda freaky :zombie: !