STEVEN ADLER To Be Joined By EXTREME, Ex-DOKKEN Members On Australian ADLER'S APPETITE Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Following the announcement last month of his Australian tour, ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler has unveiled the members of the the newly formed ADLER'S APPETITE FEATURING CONSTANTINE MAROULIS band that will be playing alongside him to celebrate the 30th anniversary of GNR's classic debut album by performing "Appetite For Destruction" in its entirety. They are: Constantine Maroulis (Vocals) Carl Restivo (Rhythm Guitar) Sean McNabb (Bass) Michael Thomas (Lead Guitar) Constantine is a Greek-American actor and rock singer from Wyckoff, New Jersey. He was the sixth-place finalist on the fourth season of "American Idol" and received a nomination for the Tony Award for "Best Performance By A Leading Actor In A Musical" for his role in "Rock Of Ages". He starred in the title role in "Jekyll And Hyde" on Broadway, for which he received a Drama League Award nomination for a "Distinguished Performance Award." Restivo is an American multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, record producer, and audio engineer. Restivo has contributed as a lead guitarist and vocalist with Wyclef Jean and the ED PALERMO BIG BAND, as a bassist and background vocalist with EXTREME. He has performed lead vocals and/or guitar or bass with AFI, Ben Harper, Billy Idol, CYPRESS HILL, Dave Navarro, Deborah Harry, Flea, Iggy Pop, Jackson Browne, Jason Bonham, Jason Derulo, Jerry Cantrell, Joe Satriani, Sammy Hagar, Slash, Steve Vai, Taio Cruz, Travis Barker, Trent Reznor, and many more. McNabb is an American actor, bassist and singer. At age 21, he became the bass player of the 1980s metal band QUIET RIOT, replacing Chuck Wright. McNabb joined DOKKEN as their bassist in 2009 and was a mainstay with the band until 2014. He has also toured and recorded with HOUSE OF LORDS, GREAT WHITE, LYNCH MOB, MONTROSE, QUEENSRŸCHE, Jack Wagner, Don Felder, Edgar Winter, Maya, BAD MOON RISING, ROUGH CUTT, BURNING RAIN and XYZ. Thomas began at the age of 12 when he picked up his first guitar and his shining career was born. This ferocious shredder has played with such bands as FASTER PUSSYCAT, BANG TANGO, his own band FASTBACK and BEAUTIFUL CREATURES. But there is so much more to this sensational artist. Each stop on Adler's Australian tour will feature a question-and-answer session with Steven and his mother, Deanna Adler, steadfast supporter and author of "Sweet Child Of Mine: How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses". During the last quarter century, Deanna Adler kept her diaries, journals, and personal letters, as well as a dozen scrapbooks and hundreds of photographs, putting them aside for safekeeping. This is your opportunity to experience the rare personal and emotive journey about raising her son, and the efforts of keeping him alive and herself sane. Tour dates: May 16 - Discovery, Darwin May 17 - The Gov, Adelaide May 18 - Capitol, Perth May 19 - The Backroom, Brisbane May 25 - 170 Russell, Melbourne May 26 - Max Watts, Sydney ADLER'S APPETITE FEATURING CONSTANTINE MAROULIS will make its live debut on May 10 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. "Of course, GUNS N' ROSES was the soundtrack to my youth," Maroulis told Billboard. "To play with Steven has been the highlight of my career. He's a lovely guy, and his playing on 'Appetite [For Destruction]' was second to none, and that sound he made on it defined that whole generation's sound." Adler stated about the singer: "Let me just fucking tell you something... this guy Constantine, who I call 'Casanova'... he came up to New York and I'm, like, 'Oh my God, I got this great rock and roll singer!' I'm finally working with a real superstar again. I call him 'Casanova' because he's so goddamn sexy. Because he dresses so nice. I wish I was his size so I could double my wardrobe! ... He flew up to New York and within five minutes, I wanted to kick his fuckin' ass! And within 10 minutes, I fell in love with him!" Adler added: "GUNS N' ROSES are the biggest rock band in the fuckin' world now, and since the guys don't want me to play with them and I love these songs and I'm so proud of them ... now I finally have a singer who can compete with the young Axl Rose. Axl is Axl and Casanova is fuckin' Casanova.... That's all I want. Also, his name isn't 'asshole' it's Axl. It sounds like you're saying 'asshole,' but it's Axl."
stevenadleraustraliantourmay2018poster.jpg

Continue reading...