STEVEN TYLER On Why He Hasn't Read JOE PERRY's Autobiography: 'I Have To Go Onstage W

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler says that he has no interest in reading bandmate Joe Perry's new autobiography, explaining that has "to go onstage with him next year." Tyler was asked by TMZ last night in Nashville if he's going to the read "Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith". "Hell no!" he replied, adding "I have to go onstage with him next year. I wanna love the son of a bitch." When it was suggested to Tyler that could wait until after the tour to read the book, the singer shrugged and replied, "I might. He hasn't read mine either." Tyler's "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?" autobiography was issued in 2011, while the band's drummer, Joey Kramer, had his own tale, "Hit Hard: A Story Of Hitting Rock Bottom At The Top", published in 2009. AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton is also working on a book. Perry admitted to RollingStone.com that he read Tyler's book, calling it "definitely Steven's truth, no doubt about it." He added: "He's allowed to perceive things how he perceives things. He can write his book any way he wants. But I didn't agree with a lot of the things he said. I know he worked hard on it, but it's got a totally different tenor and energy than my book. Mine tends to be a little more traditional. It's an autobiography in the real classic sense. I just hope Steven accepts the things I say about how I felt and how I saw things happen. I don't put words in other people's mouths or talk about conversations that I wasn't there for."
Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.​

More...