STEVEN TYLER Releases 'Sin City' Song For ROBERT RODRIGUEZ Soundtrack

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Steven Tyler has released the title track to director Robert Rodriguez' new film, "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For", which hits theaters on Friday (August 22). Tyler's solo track — Sin City" — appeared without fanfare on the movie's soundtrack, which was released on Tuesday (August 19). The movie, based on the graphic novel, is a sequel to 2005's "Sin City", and co-directed by writer Frank Miller and Rodriguez — who, along with Carl Thiel, wrote and performed the soundtrack. "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" stars Josh Brolin, Eva Green, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, with a cameo from Lady Gaga.This isn't the only new music Tyler's released this week apart from AEROSMITH; his duet with Smokey Robinson on THE MIRACLES' classic "You Really Got A Hold On Me" was featured on Smokey's all-star duets collection, "Smokey And Friends", which also features the Motown legend singing his best-loved songs with James Taylor and Elton John, among others.Although Steven Tyler is among rock's most iconic frontmen for his work through the decades with AEROSMITH, The Pulse Of Radio asked him what creative wild oats he still needs to sow. "I'm just doing a solo record because I think it's kinky, y'know, to go write a song with Johnny Depp," he said. "I think it's ridiculous to go, y'know, write a bunch of songs that I started five years ago and never finished. It feeds my passion, you know. But, no, the band's not breaking up. Me doing a solo record doesn't mean the band's not working on a record, y'know what I mean? But I get that in the press one has to hear that from one lead singer of one AEROSMITH."

More...