Still life

Silentjohan

Cornered within
Dec 2, 2001
Meganeura
turn.to
Hello..

I think this is my first post on this board...

Today i got their cd "Still life"....and i started thinking ..
what does opeth mean to me?
Every morning when i wake up i listen to opeth(mostly the heavier songs)..on the day i spend most of my time by the computer(or sadly..in school)....kind of tragic isn't it? anyway.
When i sit by the computer i listen to music(and most of the time that music is opeth) and in school i have my discman with...opeth=)
And when i'm getting ready to go to bed i listen to the softer songs..(opeth?yes=)

I DO listen to other bands and i have a big cd collection with lots of different styles.
BUT there is no other band who can touch my sentiment the way opeth does...
the lyrics,the music...oh divinity.

anyway...i'm kind of weird i guess?=)

take care and merry christmas!

You'll be pleasently surprised about your own 'weirdness' after you spend a little while on this board. A lot (not all) but a lot of what you said used to (and still does I suppose) ring true when I was back in high school (Discman at school, quite song when going to sleep, etc)

....anyway what I'm trying to say is....."Welcome to the Opeth boards, you'll probably fit right in! :p " :D

Still Life is a great cd! I have yet to convert any of my friends into Opethians. I image if I have them listen to it enought it well wear on them.

Anyway, I also just acquired Burnt Offerings, Iced Earth. This is great as well.