Stinkers of 2004?!

To me is very difficult. If I didn't hear an album I can't comment, and if I didn't even liked the MP3s previews, I'm not gonna to hear the album at all! So... :devil:

Wyvern said:
To me is very difficult. If I didn't hear an album I can't comment, and if I didn't even liked the MP3s previews, I'm not gonna to hear the album at all! So... :devil:
Unfortunately this is a sign of the times. I don't tend to listen to samples or any mp3's for the simple fact that, I like going out & getting the whole porduct & then listening for myself. You can't be objective, just simply off 1-2 songs that you might have heard on the radio, samples or mp3's.
For example The Revolver disc. I didn't much care for the song Slither, but I was hoping that there would be some killer material on there. The same goes for St. Anger, there was 4 solid tracks on the entire record, but to base a review of a record based on one song you heard on the radio or on a video(clip)? I'm just old(school) I guess...

@ Sixx: Yeah but the alternative is worse. You buy an album based on one "hook" song or on blind faith...and then is a stink bomb. Wasted money, wasted space in the shelve and eventually it would have to be weeded out (I love the weeding term :lol: ).
Sorry I have been dissapointed so much lately, even by bands I was sure they cannot fail, that I don't buy anymore without a decent preview.

I haven't really bought many metal albums this year... but I heard the whole Velvet Revolver, or as I like to call them Velvet Temple Pilots. I was disappointed. I was really expecting more, but it just sounds like an updated STP to me. This just equates to boring.

we'll put it this way, I've heard a total of TWO albums I really LIKE this year. These are:

Saint - In The Battle (true classic metal, as in 80-82 Judas Priest, in case anyone wants to hear some of it again..best tracks: Here We Are, Ryders, In The Battle, When)
Nightwish - Once (they're usually always good)

2003 was much better.

Orion Crystal Ice said:
we'll put it this way, I've heard a total of TWO albums I really LIKE this year.

Orion, have you heard the new Wolf album (Evil Star)? I don't think I've heard anyone say that they don't like it yet.

The saYer said:
I didnt buy it, but the new agent steel is bad, I mean bad as in bad.

You need to give it another listen man, "Order of the Illuminati" wasn't their best but it was absolutely glorious!

NP: Agent Steel - Apocalypse (World Without Wind) - The break near the end = :headbang:

Greeno said:
Orion, have you heard the new Wolf album (Evil Star)? I don't think I've heard anyone say that they don't like it yet.
Because if anybody say anything bad about Wolf will be ERASED from existence immediately with extreme prejudice :heh:

Jean-Pierre said:
You need to give it another listen man, "Order of the Illuminati" wasn't their best but it was absolutely glorious!

NP: Agent Steel - Apocalypse (World Without Wind) - The break near the end = :headbang:

ok, I only have 3 samples, but I really am not impressed with their new lineup.

Wyvern said:
@ Sixx: Yeah but the alternative is worse. You buy an album based on one "hook" song or on blind faith...and then is a stink bomb. Wasted money, wasted space in the shelve and eventually it would have to be weeded out (I love the weeding term :lol: ).
Sorry I have been dissapointed so much lately, even by bands I was sure they cannot fail, that I don't buy anymore without a decent preview.
You have a point, but I like shopping the old school way & going out to buy a record, listening for myself. Like with the Metallica record, St. Anger the song was so-so, but I still wanted to hear the whole thing, look at the artwork, read the liners, ect. There is nothing like taking the cellophane off a newly purchased disc!!!!!!!

AngelWitch73 said:
Not that it is a "stinker" but I didn´t like the new DEATH ANGEL that much.

The real STINKER for me is the new CREMATORY which is their comeback album and absolutely reeks of "nu". Barf.

So far I like this album. They were always leaning toward the techno-y stuff and they just added a bit more in there. The songs seem stronger than on a lot of their albums too. They usually only had a handful of good ones. I don;t hear the "nu" part unless you mean the clean vocals.

No stinkers for me this year so far!

Psychonaut said:
So far I like this album. They were always leaning toward the techno-y stuff and they just added a bit more in there. The songs seem stronger than on a lot of their albums too. They usually only had a handful of good ones. I don;t hear the "nu" part unless you mean the clean vocals.
I don´t mind that they lean towards techno kind of stuff but on this album I think the guitarsound has changed greatly from before. Sure, there is still the classic CREMATORY approach but they definitely have been listening to a lot of "nu" stuff and it wore off in their overall sound.