STITCHED UP HEART Frontwoman: BLABBERMOUTH.NET Commenters 'Can Be Mean'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STITCHED UP HEART singer Alecia "Mixi" Demner spoke to Central Mo News about the reaction from BLABBERMOUTH.NET commenters to the band's latest single, "Lost". "All I read was all the boob stuff," she said (hear audio below). "Blabbermouth and their comments are hilarious. And I didn't see it until [James] Decker, our drummer, pointed it out. And I was, like, 'Oh my God!' They can be mean. They can be brutal. So I'm gonna go check out and see what they said. I'm sure there's bad ones in there. But I had to repost it. I was getting out a kick out of it." She added: "I don't have boobs. I wear a padded bra and try to pretend. But, you know…" "Lost", which features a guest appearance by GODSMACK frontman Sully Erna, will be included on STITCHED UP HEART's forthcoming sophomore album, tentatively titled "Darkness". The 13-song follow-up to 2016's "Never Alone" was produced by produced by Matt Good of FROM FIRST TO LAST and D.R.U.G.S. Demner performed as a vocalist in various bands before starting STITCHED UP HEART in 2010. She previously told Spokesman.com that her influences are appropriately and wildly eclectic: PANTERA, GLASSJAW, DEFTONES, Louis Armstrong. "I really like mixing those elements," Demner said, "the heavy, drop-tuned guitars with something that catches your attention and that you can remember." STITCHED UP HEART is in the middle of a five-date U.S. run with GODSMACK and VOLBEAT. Photo credit: Jeremy Saffer

Continue reading...