STITCHED UP HEART Singer Says SULLY ERNA Has Been Incredibly Supportive: He 'Likes To Help...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STITCHED UP HEART singer Alecia "Mixi" Demner spoke to "BODS Mayhem Hour" about her band's collaboration with GODSMACK's Sully Erna on "Lost", the first single from STITCHED UP HEART's upcoming album, "Darkness". Mixi said: "Man, he's just been incredible. We became friends a couple of years ago. We collaborated on a couple of songs. And it was just kind of one of those connections. You know when you meet someone and you instantly become best friends — it's almost like you've known each other your whole life. It was kind of like that. And over time, we just ended up being really great friends. And he saw the band play a few times. And he's kind of a guy that likes to help the little guys and put us in front of all these people and do stuff to pay it forward for all the stuff that he's been gifted in his life and his career. So I think it's just really amazing that he's the kind of person… There's not enough people out there like that that are willing to help the underdogs out a little bit… It's been really, really amazing." Mixi also talked about STITCHED UP HEART's recently completed North American tour with GODSMACK and VOLBEAT, calling it "a dream come true. Have you ever had any of those reoccurring dreams that happen over and over again?" she said. "When I was a little girl, I kept having this dream of a stage as far as I could run to the other side of the stage and I'd be out of breath by the time I got there, it was so big. And it was full as far as the eye can see. It was like living that dream over and over again every single day. So it was definitely really amazing." "Darkness" will be released in the spring of 2020 via RED Music. The 13-song follow-up to 2016's "Never Alone" was produced by produced by Matt Good of FROM FIRST TO LAST and D.R.U.G.S. Demner performed as a vocalist in various bands before starting STITCHED UP HEART in 2010. She previously told Spokesman.com that her influences are appropriately and wildly eclectic: PANTERA, GLASSJAW, DEFTONES and Louis Armstrong.

Continue reading...