Stone Age Cabs+K100s = sex (clips inside!)

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
Stone%20Age.jpg

Stone Age 412B cabinet loaded with Celestion G12K100s.

This thing is freakin' awesome.

No processing on the guitars AT ALL-not even HP/LP! Only a noisegate.

Kyle's playing obviously makes the tone even better, but check it :kickass:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1569935/Zero System- Oceans-Stone Age-Baron K2-K100.mp3

Are the grills velcro'd on like that, or is that cab from the 2nd pic just their "demo" cab to show?

Awesome! ;O
.. someone, buy my Randall so that i can get a Baron! :lol:

It sounds good, but not as good as the same song you posted before when you reamped with the Mesa. I think you have an addiction to cabs, sir. does your cab have those foam beamblocker circles like in the picture? if so that's probably where that smoothness is coming from more so than the speaker. it doesn't sound all that different from the mesa other than being smoother (smoother in a less aggressive sort of way)

I wanna hear you reamp this same song through the mills and see how close you can get to the reamp through stoneage here and the the reamp through the mesa from a couple weeks ago. from what I remember, it was mostly this song that people really liked the tone on, so kyle's guitar/pickups might have a lot to do with it.

kyles guitar playing alters the tone more then amps to. true story. i've re-amped his guitar through many diffrent programs and cabs and amps. it all sounds the same :3

Is it the "Beast" series? I'm checking the website but sincerelly I don't understand this baffle design
beast_204x12_20with_20baffle_20removed__________55.jpg

Shouldn't it be a little bad for micing purpose?

Nope, the standard series. I don't like the beast cabs because:
a. the plank of wood travelling right over the speaker dustcap
b. the velcro
c. I have a Mesa 4x12 and Mills Afterburner. I don't need any more oversized cabs.

This is Kyle's song. I don't have rights to distribute his copyrighted material.

word, I'll ask him. I don't think he'd mind. he seems like a cool guy.

have you tried reamping this song through the mills? I just wanna hear it tried, because it has both g12k100s and v30s. so, you could mic each speaker and try to get close to the stoneage clip and the mesa clip with the right speakers (k100 for stoneage, v30 for mesa)

word, I'll ask him. I don't think he'd mind. he seems like a cool guy.

have you tried reamping this song through the mills? I just wanna hear it tried, because it has both g12k100s and v30s. so, you could mic each speaker and try to get close to the stoneage clip and the mesa clip with the right speakers (k100 for stoneage, v30 for mesa)

The last time I reamped this song was through the Mills.

The Mills doesn't have the G12Ks anymore. I took those two out to put in the Stone Age, and bought two new ones to join them.