Story Concepts

GoblinSupremo

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2002
Visit site
The story concept...

Is Vehemence the first band to do an album that is one big story in terms of lyrics?

Know of any other albums like that?

I think Diabolical Masquerade has something of the sort, as in an album that is all one big deal...

I think King Diamond did one with "Abigail" but I'm not sure cuz I don't know much about that guy...

The Who did one back in 1969 with "Tommy" and again in '74 with "Quadraphenia"

I know there have been others, but I can't think of any right now...

...bands have been doin' 'em for along time.
Here's some more:

RUSH - 2112,

Cradle of Filth - Cruelty & the Beast,

OPETH - StillLife, (along with My Arms Your Hearse),

Divine Empire - Nostrodamus(not yet released...I don't think),

EMPEROR - Prometheus,

Macabre - Dahmer(more just like Dahmer's life from a boy till his death...so Sorta Kinda).

KATAKLYSM - Epic(Only the 1st 4 songs are a concept, then the rest of the cd are based on different subjects).

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of 'em right now.

Off the grill take out delivery rules. Start eating there people, its not greesy at al and there food tastes great.

Conceptual albums are great, Opeth's My Arms Your Hearse is a kick ass concept album.

Some new news, BC has taken the responsibility to do the Testament show not Franco of the Mason Jar.

Originally posted by VEHEMENCE
Off the grill take out delivery rules. Start eating there people, its not greesy at al and there food tastes great.

Off The Grill has already eaten a shitload of cash out of my wallet.... Must...... stay..... away.... from..... New York Strip Steak.....

:s

Originally posted by GoblinSupremo
Is Vehemence the first band to do an album that is one big story in terms of lyrics?

Know of any other albums like that?

Hmmm, no I can't think of any other band to have ever done a concept album.

Clive Barker's The Undying Video Game.

g-000117-w1-002460.jpg

g-000117-w1-002461.jpg