Strapping Young Lad

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
A buddy of mine sent me a SYL cd Holy SHIT was it great
FuKin Gene Hoglan Man Wow What a Drummer He does some really great
Work on there And Devin Townsend I havnt heard him since he did that Record with Steve Vai WOW what a differance He was so wimpy with Vai
Cept for the track "Deep down into the pain" Which was a great tune
Anyways What do you folks think of em?

SYL are one of my favorite bands ever. Probably what I feel to be the heaviest band ever. Aggressive and with a great sense of humor. Fucking amazing.

Soilworker said:
SYL are one of my favorite bands ever. Probably what I feel to be the heaviest band ever. Aggressive and with a great sense of humor. Fucking amazing.

They really are an Awsome band I dont kave been for the last couple of years under a rock or something But I just got into them like 3 days ago
The song AfterMath Has been Rocking my head I love it

I love SYL the most aggressive band ever- like my Wu tang clan friend Ol Dirty bastard- I think I like Devin's solo stuff just as much now.

Anyone notice how SYL and even the Devin Townsend band- sometimes have a repetitive riff- that is just mesmerizing- and one can listen to for 10 minutes without tiring.

speed said:
Anyone notice how SYL and even the Devin Townsend band- sometimes have a repetitive riff- that is just mesmerizing- and one can listen to for 10 minutes without tiring.

Kinda Like that Riff on Aftermath Its so fukin cool.......I can listen to that whole cd and not push skip once thats the mark of a great album

SculptedCold said:
I got ..Heavy Thing a couple months ago. I listened to it once and i'm not interested in listening to it ever again. Waste of money as far as i'm concerned.
"Heavy as a really haevy thing" is by far the weakest SYL album! Listen to City, that's the best one.

Actually, the new SYL is by far the weakest SYL album. Heavy as a Real Heavy Thing has by far Devy's best song, SYL. That song fucking kicks all ass. City is definitely the best SYL album though, and it's also the best thing Devy has ever done.

Here's how I'd rate SYL:

Heavy as a Real Heavy Thing - 7 / 10
City - 10 / 10
No Sleep 'Til Bedtime - 8 / 10
s/t - 6 / 10

I have to agree with the ODB.....I like Devins other projects better lately. Accelerated Evolution is fucking amazing. I will buy ANYTHING Devin does....the guy is a genius!!

I'm listening to them right now. Of course, they're awesome. Devin has sure influenced alotta people.

JonnyD said:
A buddy of mine sent me a SYL cd Holy SHIT was it great
FuKin Gene Hoglan Man Wow What a Drummer He does some really great
Work on there And Devin Townsend I havnt heard him since he did that Record with Steve Vai WOW what a differance He was so wimpy with Vai
Cept for the track "Deep down into the pain" Which was a great tune
Anyways What do you folks think of em?

This band is the shit! I just recently discovered them about a year ago & have been listening to them since. Gene plays like a fucking animal on the new record! :p

sixxswine said:
This band is the shit! I just recently discovered them about a year ago & have been listening to them since. Gene plays like a fucking animal on the new record! :p

Gene is amazing on that record Course I have been following him for years so its no surprise he played Superbly on this one ........ Thanks Sixx!!!