STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's GENE HOGLAN Laying Down Tracks For DETHKLOK Album - Dec. 23, 20

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD's GENE HOGLAN Laying Down Tracks For DETHKLOK Album - Dec. 23, 2006
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD drummer Gene Hoglan (ex-DARK ANGEL) has issued the following update:

"I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season. And, to answer a bunch of your emails about myself playing drums on the new DETHKLOK album. Indeed, I am, and it's turning into quite a ripping record! Brendon Small (the 'Metalocalypse' creator) and I have been ensconsed at Bomb Shelter Studios in L.A. (with Ulrich Wild manning the helm) for the past couple of weeks, and so far I've tracked about 15 songs. And, right after the New Year, I'll get back in and fire off hopefully another 6-8. All the tunes you've heard from Season 1 will be represented, as well as a ton from Season 2. All of which will be getting released on the DETHKLOK soundtrack album in summer. Let me tell ya, this is no mere 'cartoon metal' project, either. Of course it'll have its humor (man, what album have I recorded lately HASN'T?), but Brendon, being a Berklee School of Music graduate, as well as a MAJOR metal fan (those of you who have seen the show know what I'm talking about), is pumpin' out some freakishly heavy tunes, and I don't think there will be any disappointed metal fans who listen to this. But then again, what do I know? I can't account for most people's taste these days...

"And, on a side-note, in the next few days, I will posting the brand-new 'Gene-shirt' design, as well as taking pre-orders for them. I know they weren't available for Christmas, but hey, what better way to celebrate 'Martin Luther King Day' than by purchasing your very own Gene-shirt?"

fuckin awesome!

Well of all places, it was on another board. I expect this album to make my balls happy.

Is nevermore ever going to be on there again? I like warrel's role as the drummer in s&b.

DR ROXO!

drroxxoandmurderface1.jpg

This might well be the most metalest release EVER! Not to mention the probable huge succes it will get... I mean, which self-respecting big metal fan DIDN'T watch/like/love Dethklok and Metalocalypse!
I'm as eager to buying this as Jeff's and Warrel's solo album.. and that means A LOT