Stratovarius is no more

Yeah really, it's not a surprise. However, on some level, there's always a little somberness when a legend closes shop. Like 'em or not, doesn't it feel like there ought to be a 1/2 staff on the metal flag today? Looking forward to that new CD with Sammet and Kiske though!

I really liked these guys a lot..
Never a huge fanboy or anything.

Visions will still remain one of the best modern era power metal albums.

Way too much drama surrounding this band the past few years to honestly shed any tears over their breaking up.

I really liked these guys a lot..
Never a huge fanboy or anything.

Visions will still remain one of the best modern era power metal albums.

Way too much drama surrounding this band the past few years to honestly shed any tears over their breaking up.

True on the last statement. I actually liked some of their material, so I'm half and half on this one.

Visions is an awesome disc and my favorite, however I haven't cared for anything they've done since Infinite.

I'm not crying over this announcement.

I can't imagine many are.
I mean, even with the last album, were they really thought of as an active band?

(Granted, the last S/T release wasn't all that bad)

Whatever CD had black diamond(and I think kiss of judas was the opener) was their best tied with Destiny...havent really listened to them in ages though

Yes, Visions would be my fav as well....

Their double live set from that tour, VISIONS OF EUROPE, is top notch!

Actually, one of my fav Strato releases is INTERMISSION, which contains covers and b-sides. For a lot of bands, there are many lost gems hiding on b-sides of singles.

All anyone really needs from them is Episode, Visions, Destiny, and *maybe* Infinite. Their final album wasn't really bad per se, and if anything, I liked it because it was different from the six or seven before it.