Stream of Passion (new Arjen project)

Dec 3, 2004
Arizona, USA
www.ryanseek.com
Anyone have any advanced copies of Arjen Lucassen's new project, Stream of Passion? I know they're out there because the reviews are starting to pop up! Supposedly the release date was late September, but apparently it's been pushed back to late October. I can't wait that long!!! It has my beloved Marcela on vocals. Oh to be in love.....

NP: Astral Doors

The song I heard on their website was really cool, reminded me of The Gathering (much more than Ayreon). It should be another nice Lucassen project.

I've been reading alot of reviews and comments on message boards tonight. It's incredible the response Arjen is getting from this project. All positive so far.

I was reading an interview with the man, and it was nice to see he's faced reality about music downloading (maybe other prominent musicians will follow suit):

"The funny thing is, if it is a good album it does not matter, you even might sell more. If it on the other hand is a bad album, it definitely will effect your sales negatively. For example, the day after 'The Human Equation' promos were send out it was already to be found all over the Internet, and I was so pissed off about that, for I really thought this was the end of my career as a recording artist. In the end though it became my best selling album to date. So obviously a lot of people heard it on the Internet and went out to get the real thing."

NP: Iommi-Hughes - Fused

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I've been reading alot of reviews and comments on message boards tonight. It's incredible the response Arjen is getting from this project. All positive so far.

I was reading an interview with the man, and it was nice to see he's faced reality about music downloading (maybe other prominent musicians will follow suit):

"The funny thing is, if it is a good album it does not matter, you even might sell more. If it on the other hand is a bad album, it definitely will effect your sales negatively. For example, the day after 'The Human Equation' promos were send out it was already to be found all over the Internet, and I was so pissed off about that, for I really thought this was the end of my career as a recording artist. In the end though it became my best selling album to date. So obviously a lot of people heard it on the Internet and went out to get the real thing."

NP: Iommi-Hughes - Fused

I alway's thought he was a smart guy. It seems he figured it out now. Funny how some emperical data will do this for you :D

I hadn't heard the album but being Arjen a sheer winner since he started Ayreon I see no point in dismiss another of his projects, so I'll go for it as soon as available at the end of this month.

NP: Megadeth - 'A Tout Le Monde'

I just had a first listen to the album and like it !!! It is much less "Gothic" than I expected. OK, vocals are typical female gothic sounding , but outstanding and sometimes lean more to folk than gothic. Music also is alot 'fresher' sounding than most gothic bands. Record pulls off rather soft and gets heavier song by song . Awesome guitar work from Arjen !! I would rather categorise the music in the progrock scene, but heavy progrock, haha, I guess you need to listen yourselve... At first listen it shot right into my 2005 top ten !

carnut said:
I just had a first listen to the album and like it !!! It is much less "Gothic" than I expected. OK, vocals are typical female gothic sounding , but outstanding and sometimes lean more to folk than gothic. Music also is alot 'fresher' sounding than most gothic bands. Record pulls off rather soft and gets heavier song by song . Awesome guitar work from Arjen !! I would rather categorise the music in the progrock scene, but heavy progrock, haha, I guess you need to listen yourselve... At first listen it shot right into my 2005 top ten !

That awesome guitar work is actually that of Lori Linstruth, the amazing female melodic guitarist from Sweden. She's incredible. I love this band. Can't wait to hear them live.

Although this was scheduled to be released until last Tuesday, it shipped from Amazon (where I had it on pre-order) on Monday morning. Arrived on Thursday and I've been listening to it non-stop. Awesome album indeed. Hard to digest in the first few listens, at least for me, but it's growing on me everytime I listen to it.

As I understand it from watching "the making of", Lori Linstruth just played the solos on the album. All rhythm/riffs and writing was done by Arjen before he handed the songs off to her. Even so, her solos are excellent!

NP: Styx - Wooden Nickel Recordings