Strummin' with the Devil

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I don't know if any of you have heard anything off of the Bluess Grass Tribute to Van Halen? Roth has been promoting the record now that he lost his radio gig... It's outstanding... Not because of Roth, but becuase of the musicianship. Roth is only on two tracks anyhow and he gets upstaged by the blue grass musicains!!!!

sixxswine said:
The record is fairly good...
I'm more of a Hagar era fan, but will say that these blues grass musicians
could give any progressive metal musicians a run for their money, they are that damn talented!

I agree with that. :) I've seen some of them in action 25 years ago when I happened to be at a country festival. The band I saw were incredible! I was floored!

Anyway would love to hear this one! Thanks for the tip

Hey its not that bad. Sure it not like it used to be. He's some old guy now. But he could do worse. I rather enjoyed it after I got used ti it. I always considered him a bit of a weirdo after I saw him being interviewed be Vanessa Williams on Headbangers ball Europe.

Well there it is again. Nothing as different and personal as taste in Music. :)

Wow, I htought DLR looked creepy as hell in that video... Had a weird "creepy old man' vibe goin on. he didn't sound fantastic but it wasn't painful to listen to either.

Hawk said:
I agree with that. :) I've seen some of them in action 25 years ago when I happened to be at a country festival. The band I saw were incredible! I was floored!

Anyway would love to hear this one! Thanks for the tip

You're right I have been to 3 of these blues grass festivals in Oregon, I was convinced to go with a buddy, who plays banjo. Anyway, these fuckin' people are dedicated to the genre. I think they are as if not more dedicated to their music as a Yngwie Malmsteen or a Steve Vai, but on another level.

He doesn't sound awful throughout, but sorry, I found him singing the line "Can't you see what I meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?" quite painful.

I was embarrassed for everything Van Halen.

If you ever get a chance you should go to bean blossom IN in Brown County
they have a huge bluegrass festival in tribute to Bill Monroe that's if
you can stand hippies there's quite a few of them at those fests.

KMADD said:
If you ever get a chance you should go to bean blossom IN in Brown County
they have a huge bluegrass festival in tribute to Bill Monroe that's if
you can stand hippies there's quite a few of them at those fests.

You never know I might check that out if I'm ever down that way... I just oredred the Hayseed Dixie record that has then covering Ace of Spades... Can't wait to hear that!!!!

Seriously that was probably the most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life, just totally horrendous, and that was just the song.

But what the hell has happened to Diamond Dave, I'm actually quite stunned at how repellent he looks now - he looked like a cross between Ronald Reagan and George Bush - in fact I didn't even recognise him when he walked on cos last time I saw him (admittedly it was about 20 years ago) he had long hair, was bare chested, wearing red satins and those big furry white boots but now he looks kinda just like a dirty old man!!!! Shocking stuff.