Studio Devil

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
Is the Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp any good? I've been wanting something for bass, but I can't really afford SVX.

It seems Studio Devil have some sort of holiday sales going on, check it out:

http://www.studiodevil.com/products/

It's not too much of a price drop, but I've been kept away from it by the 70-bucks pricetag before. I think 50 bucks is just right, if it's good.

Bass and Guitar amps are both 50, and Modeler Pro is 100.

Thanks for the clips! Sounds very good.

I'm digging the demo, but it doesn't have any kind of distortion in it. That won't be a problem though.

edit. I think it just made Logic crash. I'll have to think about this. Let's see if it does it again.

The bass amp is a good one - well worth the price especially with the currently reduced price of $49.00 till the end of the year. I actually like the guitar amp vst as well - I got it for free with Cakewalk and have used it for some lower gain stuff and found it very responsive.

Just a quick note - IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX Studio Software/USB Audio Interface Package Powered by Amplitube is currently on sale at Musician's Friend for $99.00 - It includes Ampeg SVX Studio Edition, Sonoma Riffworks, and the StealthPlug interface plus a buch of other stuff. I'm unsure if it is the complete SVX package, but by the description it almost seems like it is when comparing it to the product on the IK website. Read it carefully, but it might be a worthwhile investment if you are looking for Ampeg SVX.

there's also a group buy for all the amplitube stuff that's currently 3x1 if you are interested. That way you can get Ampeg plus some guitar software for 200 bucks.

Just a quick note - IK Multimedia Ampeg SVX Studio Software/USB Audio Interface Package Powered by Amplitube is currently on sale at Musician's Friend for $99.00 - It includes Ampeg SVX Studio Edition, Sonoma Riffworks, and the StealthPlug interface plus a buch of other stuff. I'm unsure if it is the complete SVX package, but by the description it almost seems like it is when comparing it to the product on the IK website. Read it carefully, but it might be a worthwhile investment if you are looking for Ampeg SVX.

Looks like it's the full version, but unfortunately only seems to ship to Canada :( thanks for the tip anyways

there's also a group buy for all the amplitube stuff that's currently 3x1 if you are interested. That way you can get Ampeg plus some guitar software for 200 bucks.

Trust me man, I'd probably be all over that deal if I had more money to spend. SVX, Miroslav CE and 2 more plugins for that price would be pretty badass. Actually, I'm gonna have to think about trying to get me that money from somewhere.

I've already had the SD Bass Amp demo sounding pretty good, but I'll probably need something to drive some distortion to the sound without sounding bad. I bet the SVX has some pretty nice SansAmp emulations

The "This product ships to Canada" label just means that they can ship it there, not that it's the only place they ship it. At least that's the way I understand it. :)

The "This product ships to Canada" label just means that they can ship it there, not that it's the only place they ship it. At least that's the way I understand it. :)

That probably means besides US, because US and Canada are the only available countries in the billing address -section :(

"D.I. Box Emulation: bypasses the speaker emulation to allow compatibility with other impulse modeling cabinet & room sims."

Well that's gotta be tough to model!

i love the guitar amp but i love it mostly for bass, i tend to compress, dial up the mesa mark preset, dial back the gain, swap it to a DI output and them impulse it and i love the sound i get out of it