Studio Subwoofer for Yamaha HS50M?

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
Here at my house I've setup a small studio (if you can even call it that). This is just for my own enjoyment, but I still like my music to sound good.

I'm going to get a subwoofer for these HS50M's because when I listen to my music on my home stereo or vehicle, the music is too bass heavy. I feel like the HS50M's distort my hearing because the music sounds great on them, but not so much everywhere else.

What subs do you guys recommend? Less than $500 too.

I was looking at that one, but was unsure of how good it actually was.

I have the same monitors and matching yamaha sub. Works great over here! Able to easily tweak.

Not if the matching one is crap. I'm looking for suggestions from people who have experience with subs and can offer helpful advice about what to avoid and what to check out.

Haha, yeah I basically bought it because it was matching and probably the best budget choice for a sub if you can't afford the higher end ones.

It has a high and low roll off so (if paired with the hs50m) you can pinpoint the correct crossover frequencies when you calibrate it. Also has a phase inverter.

And honestly... If all I'm hearing from a sub is below 150-200hz, I highly doubt I'd hear THAT much of a difference between the yamaha one and higher end subs.

Cool, mstone564. Thanks for posting your experiences with it. I think I'll get that one. If you don't mind me asking, is your room treated?