Sub effect?!

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
I'm currently working on a mix and I'd like to add some 'sub effects' here and there, you know this "boom" we can hear on the Chimaira's Resurrection or on the first Amaranthe full length. I tried to do this using BOOM which is included with PT but it hasn't not been convincing.

Actually, I don't know really how low it has to be that we can feel it but hear it even on basic/small speakers . 50-60hz? 80-90hz? Is there a trick or a virtual instrument that provide good sounds for that purpose?

That's really cool of you man.
I'll first try with the links above. I've already downloaded the Joey Sturgis bass drop ;) Looks like it kicks ass!

Just make a sine wave, set to 110-130hz for the beginning and 20hz for the end and adjust the time.

+1 Make your own! Any synth - sine wave - set pitch...then the length of the drop, pitch modulation, etc. envelopes are completely customised by YOU, to YOUR mix.

^ Yeah agreed with the idea. BUT this is a very good start for me cause I didn't know how it 'has to' sound frequency wise, etc. So now I have some, I can make more personal drops by myself + you can always work on a bass drop that has made by someone else and tweak to fit your mix - most of all of us do that with Slate kicks/snare for example so why not with an effect that is just an effect actually?

btw happy brutal christmas to you guyz ;)