Subversi0n NEW ALBUM + Live vids and Production Information

ssskai

New Metal Member
Aug 1, 2008
l_7bb0df27706041af90fdb177f2afee85.jpg
l_bb2451c37b8e4ac3814e2ade312c9613.jpg

The band have been working on an album for quite a while now and i have been working on perfecting our production quality for what seems like a lifetime in order to achieve the sound the band wants etc.

This is a "Promo Audio Track Video" Posted on youtube giving a small demonstration of sound of the album:

After many months on end solid tweaking and experimenting without any sleep i think i have cracked what is now adopted as "subversi0n's Sound".
We are very low budget and don't really have much money to spare so we have to squeeze every drop of performance out of the gear we use.

In the case of this album, the guitars are almost entirely recorded through a pod x3 Pro going in to an Mbox 2 directly and utilising Pro Tools 8.
Drums were recorded at my university's Sound studio on a Pro Tools HD system and i had a lot of lovely Equipment to work with there, if a bit unreliable (it being an educational establishment etc).

The bass drum is triggered and we use a trigger sound that is specially for the album (we don't use triggers live) so as to give us the desired punchy kick sound we are aiming for.
For the snare we used an sm 57 on the top skin and a 58 for the snare underneath (my uni ran out of another 57 lol).
We were very lucky with the overheads as we had two C414 Mics and they just sound amazing no-matter what you use them on :)
Guitars have been tracked 6 times each and we utilise the "Dual Tone" feature on the pod x3 pro to a high degree...oh and we use two 7 strings tuned to drop G (drop C with extra low tuned to G) and a 5 String bass.

The album is still very much a work in progress but we would love to hear what people think of the production, critique, ideas, what you like or dislike about it etc.

We have created a compiled taster track for the album to give a little tiny taste of what it sounds like, as well as a full track "bypass".

To check it out head over to:​

SubVerSi0N Myspace

Have a listen to the player on there, dw we replaced the myspace player (shite quality), with the not so shite quality reverbnation Flash player so it should sound ok.

While im here i might aswell link you to our facebook if you dig us:​

www.tinyurl.com/svsnfacebook

Here is another full track off the album, quality is a bit hindered by soundclick but its listenable.

[[[[Seizure Album Promo]]]]

Subversi0n hasn't had many live gigs but here is a couple of videos of us taking part in our first ever gig fresh out of the practice room at Red Roar Festival on the "mane" stage. The sound quality is piss poor but what can ya expect from a phone (not bad video quality mind):​

Thanks for taking the time to check it all out, any questions, criticisms, ideas, anything at all, please feel free to say :)

l_c22eac2e518048f7adc2094247f9cdb3.jpg
l_0ee4b82acc1646e2ae9ec2f05e1decd0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks bro, glad you like it. the album will be 11 tracks long so plenty more where this all came from :)