Suffocation Drummer Hired by Experimental Band

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
Suffocation bulletin on Myspace said:
Louisiana based experimental project "Psychometry" has hired the services of Suffocation drummer Mike Smith to perform and record on their upcoming Album "The Four Points".

Psychometry is an atmospheric, melodic metal band made
up of professional musicians experienced in several
different styles of music. The project ranges from symphonic,Classical, electronic, as well as extreme underground metal.

Psychometry blends a wide variety of the world's music and is formed as a
collection of composers so as not to be placed into a specific genre of music.

Mike Smith states, "the change in musical direction form the norm of Death metal is a welcome one. It gives me the opportunity to retrain myself to play with the goal of appealing to listeners of multiple Genres".

Hm...cool. He is still in Suffo since this is a studio only project but I'll look forward to hearing what he does.

yes, but as you said, good news for mike and as most of us are suffo fans obviously we all wish him the best

If both bands were committed to touring, it would be difficult for him to play in both at one time, wouldn't it? That is, unless one of them toured in support of the other, which wouldn't happen in this case.

I've met him when our bands played a couple of shows together. He is one solid guy. We had some crazy jam spot partys that went on till the wee hours and suprizingly suffo stayed for most of the time. Thats saying something since they had to fly out to Nova scotia. Anyhoo's , my point is , i'm sure Mike will have no problems.