suicide silence vocal question

xconnyx

www.iheartsound.com
May 30, 2007
germany/bielefeld
www.iheartsound.com
anyone of you've seen suicide silence live?

because, the deeper vocal parts sound totally different then on the record. the live parts sound more like squeals (pig spqueals) than growling. if seen them yesterday and i listened to the record this morning and i think that he either uses another sceaming technique live or it dependes on the mic thats used.

the thing is, it does not sound like those lame inhale "bree bree" squeals. it sounds more exhale, with lots of air whistling over the capsule of the mic.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OfSbhNaoIls[/ame]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ckhb9YfeALM[/ame]

anyone knows how he does this, and how to capture his in studiosituations?!

he doesn't inhale for those its just the mic cupping action going. in the studio he wasn't aloud to so it sounds different. Also he does those lows louder then you would think.

i didn't mean that he is not loud enough or what ever by saying it sounds like air wihisteling. its just that high overtone or what ever that it sound like air with much perssure is rushing in a 90degree angle over the capsule. and i think this sounds really crazy and of course its not lame, like most inhale bree bree stuff.

You can do everything that is done in an inhale using an exhale.

I know a guy that does extreme pig squeel sounds and more Lamb of God style stuff. The things he can do exhaling I can only match when inhaling.

Its weird but inhaling just kinda sets the throat up naturally to make those sounds.

Where as exhaling you have to learn to control everything in your throat and it takes alot of practice.

I would say the closest technique to exhaling the "inhale" sound is what Melissa Cross trys to teach.

Its just a matter of pushing it more to get more extreme sounds.

i rehersed with a sm58 today (cause i lost the powersupply for my wireless e135...) and i have to say that my vocals sound a lot more like the ss style then through my e135w

maybe just for the fact that i cant cup the sennheiser mic with my hands, cause the mics to big. the sm58 is more easy to cup.