Sulfur lyrics meanings

Ergol The Ineffable

Supreme herring
Jun 9, 2003
Trondheim, Norway
Visit site
Well, what do you think? Personally I think it's about a person who's friend has recently commited suicide, he then thinks back on the time with the friend, and what he could have done to prevent it...

Any comments? stuff to add? Insults to fling? Anything?

mmm yeah, i agree:

i think this song's definitely about something you never did in the past;
- somehow you never dared to do, be it for FEAR, DOUBT...anything...

and then, you realize - in the future - that you just did not have the balls to do whatever you wanted to do... or maybe you had the balls but you had not a clue!

anyways, a sad song...i almost cry when i listen to it :(

Reactions: coronerox
I think the song is about a girl who the person may have loved, but never had the courage to tell her. But by the time he did, he was moving on and leaving him behind.......or maybe she never liked him and he was trying so hard but knew that it would never happen....I dunno. Personally, I relate to the song in that way...

Reactions: coronerox
it all makes sense. for me the song is rather about the speaker in the lyrics, the negative meaning of growing old when you become average mature human zombie and put down all dreams, efforts, belief and guitars and that. reminds me of pinkfloyds time: "And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you/ No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" and more blame on the dumb than on the one that left.

Dora said:
it all makes sense. for me the song is rather about the speaker in the lyrics, the negative meaning of growing old when you become average mature human zombie and put down all dreams, efforts, belief and guitars and that. reminds me of pinkfloyds time: "And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you/ No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" and more blame on the dumb than on the one that left.

:cry: :cry:

nice words dora...

you're so melancholic... :headbang: