Summer BALL GRAVY!!!!!!

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
HEAVEN AND HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler, singer Ronnie James Dio, and drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) — and JUDAS PRIEST are rumored to joining forces for a summer tour. It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corrobated by an official source and should be considered a rumor only at this point.

Wow, this would be even better than the rumored Priest / Scorps tour.

I think I'd rather see the Scorps again instead of Heaven and Hell. I know my fiancee would go with if it was the Scorps, but she didn't care for H&H when we saw them at the Allstate. I loved it, but I'm easy to please.

Either way - I want to see Priest again. I've only seen them on the Ozzfest 2004 tour, and they were amazing.

I never saw the Priest.
No reason really, just never pulled the trigger on attending a show of theirs.
I did see Halford on Metal Gods.

Scorps are great live.
I still think I would rather see H&H again.

Hmmm.....I feel old now.....I've been going to see Priest (with Halford) since their "Screaming for Vengeance" album....back in the day when the Allstate Arena was called the Rosemont Horizon ;)

Hmmm.....I feel old now.....I've been going to see Priest (with Halford) since their "Screaming for Vengeance" album....back in the day when the Allstate Arena was called the Rosemont Horizon ;)

I would give anything to have seen that show. Unfortunately I was only a year old.

I was innocent....SERIOUSLY!!!
I only got to work two events there.
The first was JAY LENO, and the second, this PHISH show.

During intermission, this other guy who was smoking came up to me to talk. He was also a worker (usher) there. I was like, "Dude, you can't smoke inside the arena, esp when you are working!"

Anyhow, during PHISH's second set, I get a tap on the shoulder, and brought into an office. This woman who I think was once a linebacker for the BEARS tried to shake me down....

Her: "We know you were smoking..."
Me: "What are you talking about?"
Her: "Many people saw you smoking..."
Me: "Well, you can check me or smell me. I don't even smoke!"
Her: "Well, we think you were smoking, and you are FIRED"
Me: "Ummm...ok. This is kind of ridiculous, considering I am not even a smoker. Why would I smoke now, esp while working?"
Her: "Sorry, you're fired"

:lol:

I saw it in Moline, IL.

Wow, something other than Country came to Moline????

I remember seeing KISS once in Peoria.
It was on the "Lost Cities" tour where they were purposefully playing small towns that most bands don't play. Kind of cool actually.

When I saw Megadeth in Rockford, Mustaine was dissing the town the whole night, calling it, "Such a little town", etc. Douchebag should GOOGLE it sometime, as Rockford is the 2nd biggest city in the whole State.

Was that at Assembly Hall? That's one of my favorite indoor arenas to see a show in.
Yeah, it was in the Star Theater at the Assemby Hall. I don't know how they configure that, but it wasn't the full arena you'd see during U of I games. I just recall most of people sitting on their hands thru the show. I don't recall there being any floor action. I did have a view though to the stage.

Britt

RUSH is playing June 9th at the SEARS Center, and then on Friday June 27th as part of Summerfest in Milwaukee. That could be fun for the whole family!!!! A summerfest in Milwaukee.. Bring your teeth!

Yeah, it was in the Star Theater at the Assemby Hall. I don't know how they configure that, but it wasn't the full arena you'd see during U of I games. I just recall most of people sitting on their hands thru the show. I don't recall there being any floor action.

Britt

Yeah, essentially it's like setting the stage really close to the seats, as opposed to putting the stage at the other end of the arena and having a huge floor section like the All State usually does up here. That's how Assembly Hall is set up for plays and musicals.

They either didn't expect a ton of ticket sales, or they wanted to curb the GA floor/moshing. I've seen tons of shows in that arena - Aerosmith, Kiss, Motley Crue, Styx (twice, with Kansas once and REO). It's a really fun arena, and by far the coolest looking one from the outside.

I fell asleep once at the Assembly Hall.
I was working at the local college radio station and everyone had to go to Bob Dylan / Arrested Development.

Best.Nap.Ever!