Superior Drummer 2 X-drum question

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Hey guys, anyone know how I can trigger multiple drums with one hit using x-drums?
For example, I loaded a snare x-drum and set its note to the same as the existing snare, however it's not triggering the x-drum. Any suggestions?

Open another session of the plugin on another channel maybe?

Yes, that is what I've been doing however, the manual even refers to what I'm trying to do. When I asked over on the Toontrack forums about this in the past, they said that the functionality is not there yet but will be coming in an update...I'm running the latest version and I don't know if the functionality is there yet!

You could copy your MIDI track(s) to a new track and put the plugin on the new track with another preset. This works with EZdrummer, so I guess it will work as well in Superior. The only thing is you hear just one of both plugins when playing and both on playback.

You could copy your MIDI track(s) to a new track and put the plugin on the new track with another preset. This works with EZdrummer, so I guess it will work as well in Superior. The only thing is you hear just one of both plugins when playing and both on playback.

I am well aware that I can do this. What I'm trying to do is trigger multiple drums (eg. 2 different snares) simultaneously from within the one plugin instance.
Was this feature forgotten about?

Needing two instances of the plugin is fucking lame. I didn't realise that this wasn't already in there - srsly?????!!

What I would suggest is setting up some kind of midi note map plugin, so that you convert your note to two notes, and then use the 2nd note to trigger your other drum.

Needing two instances of the plugin is fucking lame. I didn't realise that this wasn't already in there - srsly?????!!

What I would suggest is setting up some kind of midi note map plugin, so that you convert your note to two notes, and then use the 2nd note to trigger your other drum.

Yeah, when I last looked into this (v2.0) I was told that it would be in a future update. Seems that the manual doesn't even mention it anymore (it defo did before) unless I'm simply missing something?!
Superior is now on v2.1 and I assumed that this feature had been implemented, it's really annoying me now.
I'll have to do a few more tests to see if I can get it working, if anyone else can do the same, it'd be much appreciated.
If that fails, then I guess I'll try placing the x-drum on a different note and using some plugin to trigger the two MIDI notes. Any recommendations on said plugin?

ye, just wanted to help anyway :)

Btw, I got M.F, S.D2, Ezdrummer and DFH, and want to be able to use all of these pack's pieces "commonly"..I know and use the X-Drum function, despite the room treatment is different when you add a piece from another pack... but i don't want to add more drums to kits that are already cluttered with pieces I don't need or want... I just want MY own drumkit, just like on BFD2..Any trick for that?

ye, just wanted to help anyway :)

Btw, I got M.F, S.D2, Ezdrummer and DFH, and want to be able to use all of these pack's pieces "commonly"..I know and use the X-Drum function, despite the room treatment is different when you add a piece from another pack... but i don't want to add more drums to kits that are already cluttered with pieces I don't need or want... I just want MY own drumkit, just like on BFD2..Any trick for that?

Not too sure, but I use a pretty minimal kit from the Evil Drums expansion, keeping it more like my acoustic kit.
I'll just say that even though you have the ability to go nuts with X-drums aplenty, try to limit yourself.

i'm not up for such a thing like 20cymbals, 2 snare's and so on, i just want to create the BEST sounding kit using the BEST sounding pieces ;)