SUPERJOINT RITUAL/ZEKE/(but no Deicide) show review.(also heard from ledmag)

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
First off, ledmag is doing fine. He has e-mailed me and called. He will visit more often very soon.

Next, I went to see SUPERJOINT RITUAL/DEICIDE/ZEKE at Annie's in Cincinnati, Ohio on Wednesday April 7, but there was no DEICIDE. Apparently, Deicide dropped off the tour for monetary reasons. Anyway, everyone got a ticket for a FREE drink of choice and a local band, BLACK CHERRY STONE (or Street, can't remmeber) was added to the bill. They were first but I couldn't get into them. ZEKE was next and they are a 3 piece with a lot of energy. Reminded me of RAMONES meets CRO-MAGS meets BLACK FLAG. Interesting.

Finally, SUPERJOINT kicked ass. Talked to Jimmy Bower a little before they went on. He was very down to earth and approachable. I can't remember the exact set list but SUPERJOINT played a little over an hour. The set list included the following (but not in this order and I may be forgetting some songs): ANTI FATH, FUCK YOUR ENEMY, THE ALCOHOLIK, OZENA, EVERYONE HATES EVERYONE, DRUG YOUR LOVE, PERSONAL INSULT, DESTRUCTION OF A PERSON, DEATH THREAT, DRESS LIKE A TARGET, & STEALING A PAGE OR TWO FROM ARMED AND RADICAL PAGANS. In my opinion, a great show.

CHEERS