Support your Local Metal! - Dec 16th - Douglasville, GA

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
1529433033_l.jpg

Next week there is a great local 'true heavy metal' show that yours truly has lined up for the ATL ProgPower Family. So please make the drive 12 miles past Six Flags on I-20 west... make a right onto Hwy 92 (north) at the first Douglasville exit... turn right at the second traffic light ('Checkers' on the corner) and then a right into the Big Lots shopping center. The 7 Venue is there in the corner in a 3-bay theater. It has great sound, a cafe (no alcohol), no smoking, and is an all ages venue. So come on out and enjoy some talented musicians next Saturday night! It'll be great!

I'm lining up another show on Feb 3rd to include at least one band that this entire board is familiar with. So keep watching these threads. :heh:

Thanks,

~Hoyt. :headbang:

1529433033_l.jpg

Next week there is a great local 'true heavy metal' show that yours truly has lined up for the ATL ProgPower Family. So please make the drive 12 miles past Six Flags on I-20 west... make a right onto Hwy 92 (north) at the first Douglasville exit... turn right at the second traffic light ('Checkers' on the corner) and then a right into the Big Lots shopping center. The 7 Venue is there in the corner in a 3-bay theater. It has great sound, a cafe (no alcohol), no smoking, and is an all ages venue. So come on out and enjoy some talented musicians next Saturday night! It'll be great!

I'm lining up another show on Feb 3rd to include at least one band that this entire board is familiar with. So keep watching these threads. :heh:

Thanks,

~Hoyt. :headbang:

Who is playing?

Who is playing?

if you were asking about the Feb 3rd show, due to some communication issues it was moved to Feb 17th and includes Theocracy in a headlining capacity. They will be playing some tunes from their forthcoming second album, and I must say they are not to be missed! :kickass:

I'm looking at some other regional bands to join them as well - some of which have been mentioned on these very forums, but not so much in a ProgPower capacity, so don't think I'm pulling a huge stunt here. ;) This is a local/regional show to include talent that has yet to 'make it big'. But I hope to help start the buzz about a few deserving bands. hey, I gotta start somewhere. heh heh.

So come on out this Saturday and see what the buzz is about the bands on the roster listed above. And visit my Promotional MySpace site (listed in my sig) to find out what they sound like. They are all listed in my friends list or else as banners on my page.

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

I don't mean to be the annoying vocalist of a local metal band or anything but...

I can honestly say if you come out and see these bands, you won't regret it. I don't believe a lot of old schoolers give us enough credit, and probably think we're a bunch of nu-metal punks but that common misconception couldn't be farther from the truth. Im only 18 but I can seem pretty old school. I wear old Testament and Manowar shirts on stage all the time. I know I can speak for World's End and Eclipsed By Sanity (my band), we're here to show that the roots of heavy metal are still growing deeper and deeper and local TRUE metal is making a fierce comeback in a mostly mainstream dominated society. We're not mainstream bullshit, and we're not here to make everyone happy because thats just lame. We're here to stay true to metal, and welcome the people that love what good heavy metal music.

Oh and we purposely throw Emo kids into the middle of our mosh pits for shits and grins because we know they'll go home and cry about it later. So come be a part of the fun.

At least give us a chance before you sit there and say you have something better to do when you know all you're gonna do is sit at home flipping channels on the tube trying to find something interesting to watch.

Promoting and event planning is a LOT of fun and it looks like you're off to a rockin' start!!! Good luck with the gig, Hoyt!!
:kickass:

Thanks Tammy! :)

and not to take anything away from the Dec 16th gig, I am stoked about my next lineup already. Yesterday Theocracy CONFIRMED that they will headline for me. And the best news is that they will be playing some NEW material from their forthcoming second album! HUZZAH!!!

After the show this weekend I will be able to announce who the next band is. It will be their first gig since recording their very first album (to be completed over the 2006 holiday season). Here is a blurb from their MySpace site: The music can be defined as progressive metal, heavily influenced by Dream Theater, Symphony X, RAGE, Iron Maiden, Rush, and Evergrey. [This band] is now ready to take on a local music scene that is saturated with little diversity and repetitiveness beyond comprehension.

I couldn't stop smiling last night after I hung up the phone from speaking with the drummer. This weekend I will have official confirmation from the entire band. So watch for that. :cool:

Until then, get your asses out to Douglasville this weekend and see some amazing, intelligent, dynamic LOCAL heavy metal music! :kickass:

After the show this weekend I will be able to announce who the next band is. It will be their first gig since recording their very first album (to be completed over the 2006 holiday season). Here is a blurb from their MySpace site: The music can be defined as progressive metal, heavily influenced by Dream Theater, Symphony X, RAGE, Iron Maiden, Rush, and Evergrey. [This band] is now ready to take on a local music scene that is saturated with little diversity and repetitiveness beyond comprehension.

Wait I think I know that band! But I shall not say anything until Hoyt allows me too! ;) :headbang:

Hoyt, I'm trying to add the venue and the show to the WREKage Atlanta Metal site, but I need their phone number. I don't see it on their (admittedly busy) Myspace profile....

Thanks Paul - I'll try to get that number for you today (I don't even have it). Their main site doesn't list it either. :rolleyes:

/edit/ ah here it is... found it on their MySpace page in the 'about me' section...

The 7 Venue
5975 A Fairburn Road
Douglasville, GA 30135
(770) 942-4224

I know who the band is too. But sadly they don't have any music on their page. But I look forward to hearing something from them.

I won't be able to make it out to this show. But I hope to make it to hte one with Theocracy.

As for Eclipsed.... I need to hear something from you all. I've only seen that one video, and the sound quality was of course shitty.

BTW. You should get a show together with From Exile. IMO From Exile is the best Atlanta metal band I've heard.