Supreme Court upholds freedom of speech on military funeral protests

amaranth24

Ya Yellow Rat Bastid!!!
Jun 10, 2006
VA
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_re_us/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests

This is such BULLSHIT!!!! First off, these sick bastards from the Westboro Baptist Church need to join David Koresh & Jim Jones already (drink the wine!) Men & women serve their country honorably, pay the ultimate sacrifice, then these sick fucks protest them at their funerals, and these judges say it's okay...BULLSHIT!!!! I give credit to the one judge that voted against it.

This was a warning to me that Judge Alito (the sole dissentor) should not be a Supreme Court Justice. We all need to understand that in a free society, you MUST accept things that you don't agree with. Using the power of the state to suppress the rights of others is a precedent to tyranny.

This was a warning to me that Judge Alito (the sole dissentor) should not be a Supreme Court Justice. We all need to understand that in a free society, you MUST accept things that you don't agree with. Using the power of the state to suppress the rights of others is a precedent to tyranny.

Freedom of speech is one thing, compared to how things used to be in Nazi Germany & the old USSR, but there's has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Freedom of speech is one thing, compared to how things used to be in Nazi Germany & the old USSR, but there's has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Nope. It cannot be compromised or we risk becoming like those regimes you mentioned.

Trust me, I hate that they do this. I'd just have to go to jail for kickin' their asses if they were doing that shit at my peep's funeral.

Nope. It cannot be compromised or we risk becoming like those regimes you mentioned.

Trust me, I hate that they do this. I'd just have to go to jail for kickin' their asses if they were doing that shit at my peep's funeral.

I agree. Even though they should get their asses smashed, freedom of speech is the most important thing. And I should know it, coming from a post-communist country.

There is a line already drawn....Hate speech is not covered by freedom of speech....What Westboro is doing is hate speech....It just gets really complicated when dealing with them because there's also freedom of assembly and freedom of religion to take into consideration.

The Absolutes in the Bill of Rights have been Amended away.

Amendment on #1; Hate speech.
Amendment on #2; Any misdemeanor or felony crime.
Amendment on #3 & 4 & 5; No Attorney/No freedom.

I will certainly be glad when someone with nothing to lose takes it to these idiots.

Until then the best that can be done is protesting them directly around their property.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110302/ap_on_re_us/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests

This is such BULLSHIT!!!! First off, these sick bastards from the Westboro Baptist Church need to join David Koresh & Jim Jones already (drink the wine!) Men & women serve their country honorably, pay the ultimate sacrifice, then these sick fucks protest them at their funerals, and these judges say it's okay...BULLSHIT!!!! I give credit to the one judge that voted against it.

chill!
Fred Phelps cant live much longer. when he goes... PARTY ON!

chill!
Fred Phelps cant live much longer. when he goes... PARTY ON!

He can join the rest of the nut jobs like Jim Jones, Koresh and those clowns that killed themselves thinking they were going up to Haley's Comet.

He can join the rest of the nut jobs like Jim Jones, Koresh and those clowns that killed themselves thinking they were going up to Haley's Comet.

OH... i'll be at Phelps' funeral with a full bladder.

When Fred dies we can all go to his funeral howling to his peeps about what a closet fag he was and how happy we are he is moldering in the fucking dirt. See if they can take it as well as dish it out.

Thank goodness for the Patriot Guard and other groups that rally around military funerals so the families of servicemembers don't have to hear the protests.