Sure, not metal, but here's some BAD BRAINS news...

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
These guys were always ahead of their time.......
Here is some info on upcoming new material.

Iconic hardcore/punk band BAD BRAINS will release its new album, "Into The Future", on November 20 via Megaforce. The CD features the classic lineup of H.R. , Darryl Jenifer, Dr. Know and Earl Hudson.

"'Into The Future' is the purest BAD BRAINS recording since the ROIR cassette," says bassist Darryl Jenifer, referring to the early-'80s sound and energy that defined the band. "This self-produced record shines with a true sense of freedom and musical experimentation, with blends of soulful backgrounds meshed with blistering hardcore and metal riffs, with classic dub."

While searching for something epic and different, the band decided to self-produce the album and capture that spirit only the group itself could find. Included on the album is a remix of "Peace Be Unto Thee", a tribute to longtime fan, friend and producer Adam Yauch (BEASTIE BOYS), who marked the BAD BRAINS' return to form by producing their previous album, "Build A Nation".

The BAD BRAINS helped define American punk and hardcore music. Considered to be the holy grail of punk rock, they are one of the definitive American punk groups who garner the same respect as SEX PISTOLS, BLACK FLAG, RAMONES and THE CLASH.

I really want to hear how this turns out.....

A bonus pic of HR at a Bad Brains show recently:
1339351816-badbrainshr.jpg

LOL - I read about that.

Also, a photo of HR with Brooke Shields toking a bowl has been recently revealed as well.

The only time I got to see Bad Brains live was when the original Faith No More was fronting them.
An unknown PRIMUS actually opened that show, and were a mindf*ck to say the least.

I did try to see them a second time when they first reunited with HR, when they opened for the Beastie Boys.
Surprise surprise, but they canceled........ :(

Yeah, they weren't for everyone.
I could not see your old man approving of you bringing home a record with four black guys on the cover either.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The best is when I adopted my cat a few years back...I called him and told him that there is a new member of the family....he is part black and part white. He nearly had a stroke. I had to tell him it was a cat.

I remember the first time I met your dad.
I came over for a WCW Pay Per View.
Your dad looked at all of us and counted, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc, a**holes"!!!