Susperia For Powerfest!!

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I am not saying I would sponsor fully, but I might be able to throw some in. I thought they deserved they own thread because I their promo blew me away this morning.

Here are some samples from their new album. They a very powerful Thrash metal band, and if I remeber right the last time a band like that <cough>Biomechanical<cough> they went over very well.

"More"

"Clone"

I would be all over this!!! Susperia is actually becoming one of my favorite bands! (Especially since my "other" favorite band hasn't made a new studio album since '99...)

The last 2 Susperia CDs, "Cut From Stone" and "Unlimited" are both beyond awesome! Some seriously kick ass Thrash with great songwriting, an incredible double bass drummer and a versatile singer that can growl, scream AND actually sing!

I was really excited when I heard that they would be playing the Pearl Room on Sept 23 with Twelfth Gate and Into Eternity, but have since heard that they are no longer on this tour. Does anyone know if this is true? (Rob?)

Either way, I think Susperia would be awesome for Powerfest!!!:headbang:

I saw Suspreia at MM yers back and they were dull. I have thier first CD I think or the second....not very good. I really wish the Edguy tour had better supporting acts. I am sick of Into Eternity.

I used to be a huge thrash fan....the genre is boring to me now. NOthing beats great 80's era thrash.

Honestly, I pretty much feel the same way. It's very rare that a post-80s thrash band will impress me nearly as much as some of the greats from the 80s.

Although, one new thrash band that has impressed me quite a bit recently is Horrorscope...and another very good possibility for next year's Powerfest. ;)

I saw Susperia at MM too.
In all honesty, I didn't pay too much attention to their set.
I was never a fan of all the bands that most members were from, so I wasn't too interested.

Not so sure how much of a draw that would be in all honesty though.

Horrorscope.....Susperia.....havent we learned anything in the past 2 years about getting bands that draw!!!!!

I don't remember anyone ever saying that these bands would be headliners or the featured bands. Plus, as long as there's enough financial support to get these bands & the headliners are strong enough to draw on their own, who cares.

Openers don't necessarily have to draw. Uh...hello!! The Powerfest is also about discovering new bands too...ya douche!! :p