SUSPYRE JOINS EAST COAST PROG METAL TOUR

usaprogmusic

ProgPowerGRRL
SUSPYRE, ODIN’S COURT AND DARK EMPIRE JOIN FORCES FOR EAST COAST PROG METAL SHOWS

The first weekend of August 2008 SUSPYRE, ODIN’S COURT, and DARK EMPIRE will be playing together to promote their new album releases and to join forces for three amazing nights of prog metal! The shows are open to all ages (21+ to drink).

Friday, August 1st
The Knitting Factory (Old Office Room)
New York City
Doors Open: 6:30 p.m.
$10 advance, $12 door
Tickets available at: http://www.knittingfactory.com or Ticketmaster

Saturday, August 2nd
(Sponsored by USA Progressive Music)
Crocodile Rock Café
Café Under Room
520 W. Hamilton St.
Allentown, PA 18101
Doors Open: 7:00 p.m.
$12 advance, $15 door
Tickets will be available at:
http://www.crocodilerockcafe.com/

Sunday, August 3rd
Jaxx Nightclub
6355 Rolling Road
Springfield, VA
Doors Open: 5:00 p.m.
$12 advance, $15 door
Tickets available at:
http://www.jaxxroxx.com

progtourposter.jpg

SUSPYRE will be releasing its third album, When Time Fades… this September. ODIN’S COURT will be releasing a new album, Deathanity, through ProgRock Records on July 15th and DARK EMPIRE will release its sophomore album, Humanity Dethroned, the end of June through Killzone Records.

Should dropping by for the last show at Jaxx. Been looking forward to that for a looooong time. Odin's Court is a local Maryland band that is doing quite well from what I know but I still have yet to check them out (sorry!).
Dark Empire's first CD was pretty good, and I am looking forward to hearing the second. Should be a good tour. Too bad there are only 3 dates.

Just taking a closer look at the second date in Allentown. I just drove through there last weekend. Stopped at the McDonalds across from Dorney Park for lunch on Saturday.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Just taking a closer look at the second date in Allentown. I just drove through there last weekend. Stopped at the McDonalds across from Dorney Park for lunch on Saturday.

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Haha, awesome. I did my undergrad at Muhlenberg College, which is right down the road from Dorney Park. I also remember getting kind of sick on one of the rides when I was there on a band trip when I was 12, heh.

Well would you look at that.

Samus got fired from Dark Empire, now they are drummerless. I wonder if this is gonna fuck the tour up. >__o

Due to constant reliability and commitment issues, Samus has been fired from Dark Empire. We realize this is cutting it close to the live dates that were just recently announced, but Sam has made his choices and there is nothing we can do about it, so we are looking for a fill in ASAP.

We are looking for someone within the NJ / NYC area that can commit to at least the 3 shows that are booked for the first weekend of August. No further commitment is required, but it will of course be taken under consideration if it is desired. Please send a bio, picture, and either an mp3, myspace page, or youtube video demonstrating your drumming ability to mmoliti@mac.com or reply directly to this myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/darkempireband

Well this is unfortunate news, but I am hoping that Dark Empire will be able to find a new drummer quickly and pull it off. Although Matt is right that it is very difficult to find a good drummer in NJ for some reason, at least one that is reliable :) But we are fully aware of the Samus issues, since he was Suspyre's drummer. But this will not fuck up the tour. Suspyre & Odin's Court will still play these shows, regardless if Dark Empire bails or not. And I know this because I am the one who put this tour together, so I will not let it fail :) Even if we have to throw in a couple more local bands to sell tickets, which god knows it sucks when there are like 5 bands before the headliner(s) go on, so I will try to keep that from happening if I can :) But if people don't come out there to support the bands for these 3 shows, then something like this probably won't happen again for a long while ... so start looking for change in the couch :)