Swapping out digi 003 rack + for....?

jherman

I lurk, A LOT.
Jul 25, 2004
NWI
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone

I've been using my digi for about 4 years now and I recently jumped ship to reaper from pro tools, I have a DIGIMAX d8 also (for a total of 16 xlr inputs) and the digi has never played right with the D8 (crackling, etc, lots of driver swaps etc)

Basically I'm looking for suggestions on something to replace "003 rack +" with.

I've looked at focusrite's stuff (liquid and saffire) and it doesn't seem too awful just looking for other comparisons.

thanks for the read.

On the first issue, it sounds like a sync issue. The easiest way to sync would be to slave the 003 to the ADAT input. Assuming you've done that and all settings are correct how do you know it's the 003 and not the D8?
Onto your main question, what's your price range? I would (and did) go for an RME when I left digidesign interfaces. They have decent converters, decent pre's, solid drivers, and great software.

Very good call, and you're absolutely right, i have no way of knowing if it's the D8 (I did however buy it brand new, but i know things show up DOA or, erroneous) I have the D8 slaved to the digi at the moment and it's set to follow the digi's clock.

I guess my price range would be 1k-1500 usd.

thanks!

Very good call, and you're absolutely right, i have no way of knowing if it's the D8 (I did however buy it brand new, but i know things show up DOA or, erroneous) I have the D8 slaved to the digi at the moment and it's set to follow the digi's clock.

thanks!

The Digi should be following the D8's clock if you're running the D8 to the ADAT/Optical input. Go to the "Hardware Setup" and set the clock source to "ADAT/Optical" and the two units should play nice. Make sure the clock on the D8 is set to the correct sample rate.

thanks!

I'm running the same setup (003+/D8) and have never had any issues...