Sweden Rock 2005...

That's cool someone else here attended Sweden Rock. I flew from Chicago over to meet some German friends and we had a great time at what has become one of the best European festivals around.

Thanks for posting those pix. I'm looking for any recordings from this year's show for souvenirs of an excellent time. If anyone has any, I'd love to trade for them.

Some many great bands this year (55 in all!). Accept were killer, Dio fantastic as always, and Mike Portnoy played "Elimination" with Overkill! There was even a mini ProgPower, with Therion, Pagan's Mind, Dream Theater, Morgana LeFay, HammerFall, Rob Rock, Sonata Arctica, and Nightingale all playing.

My surprise band of the weekend was Freak Kitchen - unbelievable! I'd heard a couple of people praising them at this forum, and I wish I had gotten into them sooner. Amazing musicians, tight three-piece progressive power trio that played very cool, often humorous tunes. The guitarist had jaws dropping when he played a solo with chop sticks, and later in the show played another solo with an actual bull's penis!?!

Everyone we met was cool, and a blast talking music with people from all over the world. I couldn't give a higher recommendation to this festival.

Pat

Cool pictures. Thanks for sharing. I'd love to make it over seas for one of those festivals some day!

Girl moment: John Petrucci is so "f-word" hot! ;)

*sad*

I was gonna go, and spend about two weeks roaming around Denmark-Sweden-Finland, but I couldn't find airfare under $900 and then $200 for Sweden Rock tickets AND transportation, food, lodging...couldn't do it.

Some year!

It looks like a pretty cool lineup. I to would like to attend an over seas festival sometime. It's too bad that they didn't have the balls to line up Brainstorm! How was Rob's and Bach's sets?

Sweet pics! I hope I get to see Overkill live someday soon. I would say I hope I get to see Megadeth live, but I know I will be seeing the live for the first time ever when I go to the Gigantour Show.

edgeofthorns said:
It looks like a pretty cool lineup. I to would like to attend an over seas festival sometime. It's too bad that they didn't have the balls to line up Brainstorm! How was Rob's and Bach's sets?

I thought Rob Rock's set was very good - he sounded great. I wish the same could be said about Bach. His voice actually made me cringe a few times in the fact he couldn't hit the notes and his voiced crackled a few times. He had a great backing band: Steve DiGiorgio, Metal Mike, and Bobby Jarzombeck but it was hard watching DiGiorgio and Jarzombeck playing old Skid Row songs. The new song they played that was written by Metal Mike I thought was a bit of a disappointment.

eppst1 said:
I thought Rob Rock's set was very good - he sounded great. I wish the same could be said about Bach. His voice actually made me cringe a few times in the fact he couldn't hit the notes and his voiced crackled a few times. He had a great backing band: Steve DiGiorgio, Metal Mike, and Bobby Jarzombeck but it was hard watching DiGiorgio and Jarzombeck playing old Skid Row songs. The new song they played that was written by Metal Mike I thought was a bit of a disappointment.

Well, I'm glad to hear that Rob was sounding good, but I hate to hear that about Bas! I wish he get over the old Skid Row stuff, and start doing some solo stuff on his own! Otherwise, join a band, and make an effort to work with the members and not against them! Oh well, thanks for the response.