SWEDEN ROCK FESTIVAL

4-day tickets are around 325 US$ ... then you also have to pay for the camping area. The place where it's at isn't really close to any airport so you'll also have to pay for transportation AND I can tell you that food and beer/water is expensive as hell in Sweden.

That said, the festival is fantastic. Very well arranged, and always a lot of fun. If you have that kind of money, don't think twice about going, it's definitely worth making that trip.

c.

Sweden Rock is an awesome festival. I went 2006 and can't wait to go back. From the website, it appears that a 4-day ticket is 1,990 Swedish Krona which an online currency converter has it at 321.764 US Dollar.

Edit: You beat me Claus, :)

Thanks for reminding me since I can't really afford to go this year. :p I was telling a buddy at work about this today--his wife is Swedish, and she and the kids are going this summer, but he can't, so we were commiserating about the price of airfare there. :( Awesome lineup. But between airfare and the $300 tix, there's just no way I can do it. :cry: It sure helps with costs when your husband's on the bill.

Eh, not too many bands I'm interested in. Really the only ones I would like to see tour the US regularly except for Primordial, At the Gates, and Carcass

I think that's hands down one of the strongest line-up of any festival anywhere in the last few years. ONE OF, not THE. But it is really badass. I always dream of going there and I always like the Sweden Rock Festival better than Wacken and Hellfest. More variety.

I don't really see how there's more variety...Sweden Rock seems to cater to the 80s bands, power metal, a few mainstream rock bands, and a few oddballs here or there. Wacken and Hellfest have a good mix of death, black, thrash, traditional, power, metalcore, doom, folk, and even a few punk and mainstream rock bands thrown in.

I've been fortunate enough to fly over for a number of European rock/metal festivals (including Wacken, Dynamo, Gods of Metal, Graspop, Waldrock and others) and can say that Sweden Rock is my favorite.

Obviously what you're looking for line-up wise makes a difference, and everyone has different tastes. Why do I rank Sweden Rock at the top? Mainly...

1) The line-up is almost always fantastic, and hits a nice cross-section. I've seen great blues rock (Robin Trower, Chris Duarte), 80's (Y&T, Journey, Def Leppard), death metal (Obituary, Behemoth), prog (Pagan's Mind, Magic Pie) and lots more there.

2) The weather is killer - sunny and warm. It's only rained part of one day in the four times I've been.

3) Very well organized and easy to get around; nice camping areas as well. Tons of cool people from all over the world to meet and hang with.

Yes, it's the most expensive European fest that I know of, but well worth the trip! Hope this helps.

I don't really see how there's more variety...Sweden Rock seems to cater to the 80s bands, power metal, a few mainstream rock bands, and a few oddballs here or there. Wacken and Hellfest have a good mix of death, black, thrash, traditional, power, metalcore, doom, folk, and even a few punk and mainstream rock bands thrown in.

Yeah I totally agree. Carcass and ATG are tag-teaming every Euro fest so I really fail to see what makes this one so special.

Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :OMG: Go to this link and check this out:

http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm?newLanguage=1

Upper left - click on the British flag for English. Can someone tell me how much this costs?? I don't know the currency. What a lineup!!

Chris :headbang:

Can anybody translate the currency, please???? :) Thanks....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now we have all our tickets up for sale online.

4-day ticket: 1990:- (there are not many left)
3-day ticket: regular - 1790:-
3-day ticket: limited w/exclusive CD - 1890:-
1-day 4 june: 390:-
1-day 5 june: 990:-
1-day 6 june: 990:-
1-day 7 june: 990:-

You dont have a credit card or want to ask some questions about tickets?
Tickster customer support : +46 771-47 70 70

Can anybody translate the currency, please???? :) Thanks....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now we have all our tickets up for sale online.

4-day ticket: 1990:- (there are not many left)
3-day ticket: regular - 1790:-
3-day ticket: limited w/exclusive CD - 1890:-
1-day 4 june: 390:-
1-day 5 june: 990:-
1-day 6 june: 990:-
1-day 7 june: 990:-

You dont have a credit card or want to ask some questions about tickets?
Tickster customer support : +46 771-47 70 70
Up above Claus answered the 4-day ticket question:
4-day tickets are around 325 US$ ... then you also have to pay for the camping area.
And there's these nifty currency converters online like this one.

OK... we're going. Sweden Rock just added Satyricon and Ratt (along with Black Stone Cherry and Apocalyptica... who I care nothing about).

Primordial, Satyricon and Tesla are now at the same event? Damn!

Does anyone know how quickly this usually sells out?

Zod