Swedish metal rules!

Hellion

All Life Ends
Jul 1, 2001
England
www.sonicdeath.co.uk
Well come on it does doesn't it!!!

In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, The Haunted, Opeth, At The Gates, Misery Loves Company, Arch Enemy, Buried Dreams! This country really has it down to a fine art...

THREE CHEERS FOR SWEDEN! THATS WHAT I SAY! Roll on Wacken 2001....:D

if you're talking about the melodic death metal band buried dreams that released perceptions, they aren't from sweden. they are from mexico. they are ok at best. nothing special at all...but not from sweden. the recorded at fredman and they wish they were sweden.

Hail ABBA!

Heh. Well... maybe not.
Sweden does seem to produce the vast majority of good melodic/progressive/interesting metal in the world today and they have for awhile. There's a plethora of reasons why this may be (I remember we discussed this one a long time ago...) including the country's social democratic system with the various levels of free musical education citizens can benefit from, influences to draw on, the fact that in countries where it's colder people have nothing better to do than sit around inside where it's warm and make up cool stuff (this always came back to me with a shot at Canada... heh), being far away from the U.S. and their continuous proliferation of commercial crap (I always get in trouble with Americans for this point) and apparently there's just something in the water there. My music collection is also quite disporportionally Swedish. Swedish metal just plain (like the thread title suggests) rules.

The reason why Sweden is big in the progressive metal scene has a name: Dan Swanö.
Everything this man touches turns to gold, as with Orchid and Morningrise.

A lot of credit also goes to Peter Tägtgren.

To Hellion!

I can totally agree with you! The bands you mentioned above are of the best metal bands ever! My favourite is dark Tranquillity! They made the best melodic death album "The Gallery"!!!
And its true that the best melodic death bands come from sweden!

Hey, you said something about Wacken! I'll be there as well! Hope to see everyboda there!

Yes, yes, I know that we make the best music in the world. =)
Even though we have many good metal bands here, the interest for them is extremely small. Well, commercial shit like HammerFall, Backyard Babies and The Hives get some attention, but none of the good bands.

But we have no band here in Sweden named Buried Dreams, and Dissection is very much from Sweden. To be more exact, from the beginning they hailed from Strömstad, a nice little town, just a couple of miles from the norweigian border.

Of course we can't forget the Gods of Doom Metal--CANDLEMASS....also what about SACRILEGE or THE CARDIGANS (not metal but they do rock) ...I would have to say overall that Scandinavia in general has some awesome bands...