Swim by In Flames- anyone wanna rate?

thestonejar

Gettin' there
Dec 17, 2010
San Marcos, Texas
www.facebook.com
I'm a total idiot and completely new to this stuff. This is actually the first thing I've ever really recorded, so bare with me. It's just a simple version of "Swim" by In Flames, off of their album CLAYMAN, my personal favorite. It just started out as a test for Superior Drummer, then I started to get some sounds from Superior and some guitar tones that I really enjoyed, so I figured I'd see if I could get some helpful advice from someone that actually knows what the hell they are doing, unlike me. Be gentle! Haha just kidding be brutally honest if it needs it....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44191886/Swim.wav/Swim.wav

Above is the new MP3 conversion. It will load much quicker. Check it out!

BY THE WAY, THE SONG DOESN'T START UNTIL ABOUT 0:05 OR 0:06. I COULDN'T IMAGINE ANYONE ON THIS THREAD BEING THAT IMPATIENT HOWEVER

If this is the first thing you've recorded it's actually not that bad! lol

Pointers: Guitars are WAAAAAAAAAAY boomy. Highpass / cut those lows out! Bass is muffled, add some grind in there to make it stand out. There's also something really weird going on with the snare, I don't know if it's compression you did, or just a weird sample, but it probably sounds better natural.

Also, you'll get more replies if you post an MP3 file instead of .wav. They take a while long to load.