Switzerland's NEVERLAND

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
ESCAPE MUSIC ANNOUNCES NEVERLAND:
Escape Music are pleased to announce the signing of Neverland, a progressive power metal band from Switzerland. These dedicated guys have found a perfect mix of classical riffs and melodies and fused them with progressive elements. The result is a very classy album that traces elements of Dream Theater, Symphony X, Kamalot and Royal Hunt but they have a distinct originality all of their own. The album is produced by Tommy Vertelli, known for his excellent work with Kreator and Coroner.
The album will be released March 23 and features the following tracks: Schizophrenia / When Darkness Falls / Mysteria / Anger / Anguish / Take My Advice / Buy your Dream / Neverland / Brave Warrior.
Full Length MP3 Preview - http://www.melodicrock.com/audio/Neverland-Neverland.mp3

Neverland are: Jean Marc Viller (Vocals) Alain Schwaller (Bass) Biagio Aeberhard (Keys) Peter Berger (Guitars) Boris de Roche (Drums).
The group was formed in 1999 by Daniel Huber and Boris Stoll who first met while studying music in Zurich. From the very beginning they were trying to find the perfect mix of classical riffs and melodies as well as progressive elements. With Andreas Mislin, Roland Jost and keyboard player Manuel Wagner they soon had a team of musicians together that were sharing the same vision and were ready to push and establish the group.
The search for an equal singer for the band turned out to be very difficult. When Mike Zotter joined the band in 2003 the group was finally ready for a first strong statement. Produced by Tommy Vetterli (Coroner, Kreator) Neverland released their first self-titled Demo Album which was very well received by the international press. The music of Neverland was starting to work and they were ready to move on and push forwards.
Preparing themselves for the recording sessions of their first album, Neverland had to deal with some musical and personnel problems within the band. Mike Zotter, Manuel Wagner and the rest of the group had to part ways. What seemed to be a hard set back for the band turned out to be a blessing in many ways. Jean Marc Viller, the powervoice from Berne, joined the band just in time to record all the tracks prepared. He turned out to be the singer Neverland was always looking for. Finally keyboardist Oliver Benz, first hired as a helping hand, joined the group during the recording essions to become the bands new keyboard player. Again, Tommy Vetterli was hired to produce Neverlands music.
Everyone who's willing to put Neverland's music in a box can easily drop the names of groups like Symphony X, Royal Hunt, Kamalot or Dream Theater. But those who are listening with open ears may acknowledge the potential of this group and line-up.
This band wants to get its own place in their genre and their journey has only just begun....
WebLink: www.Escape-Music.com.

I love it!!!!!! The singer is different and that is what sets it apart, just my opinion.

I take it that this isn't the 80's AOR band by the same name.

No its not these guys.

NEVERLAND1.JPG