SWORD TOWARD SELF update.

I know Dan is very busy and hasn't gotten around to posting updates on Ultimate Metal so i'll chuck it up here for him.

For those unaware SWORD TOWARD SELF are a blistering technical 3 piece Death Metal band to blow your skull! Check them out!!! Metal Evilution approves.:)

Here's the latest updated from the very mouth or should i say keyboard of the drumming man,Dan.

A long-overdue update on the progress of Sword Toward Self!

First up: album happenings: Henry has tracked all his bass (with the exception of one instrumental) and has laid down his tastiest playing to date, including his first recorded use of fretless six-string bass. We still need to track the lead guitars and vocals... who knows what Phil will pull out of the bag to drop all our jaws?

Meanwhile, the killer reviews for our EP keep coming in:

http://metaholicmusic.blogspot.com/2008/09/cd-review-sword-toward-self-dissolution.html

And our next gig... we've been off the live scene for a while and can't wait to get back into it. We are supporting Darker Half on Friday 26th September at the Lansdowne, cnr Broadway and City Rd. Yes folks, it's free,
it's central, we're on at 11.20pm and before us are Shadowmill (starting 9.20) and New Blood.

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers
Dan

www.swordtowardself.com
www.myspace.com/swordtowardself

And i believe this is the show Dan is talking about.:kickass:

stsgig26Sep08ELECCOLOUR-1.jpg

It's a really shit time for me to be going to gigs at the moment... but STS on the bill is enough to more than likely get me out to the Lansdowne anyway.

I think the last I read about them was that they were on some form of hiatus. Not breaking up, just not prioritising the band. I'll have a look and see if I can find that information... or somebody else can.

Yeah i think your probably right dude as last i recall their guitarist had gone overseas for some lengthy time and the band was on hold till he returned but some decent time has passed still so i have no idea what they are all up too?
All three SWS members actually play in another band IRONWOOD who have been quiet on the live front themselves which adds more weight to this reason.