Sybreed Cover. "Nomenklatura".

Cyanide_Anima

yooveesevenbeekay
Apr 14, 2005
everrot, WA
hey ho, bout done with this song. just need someone to sing over it so i can put some finishing touches on it!

its like a happier version of the song. lol. and i think drop plays an 8 string, or he tunes down to F or something, but i just played it on my 7 tuned down a half step so the lower notes are an octave higher. and i changed up the bridge riff a little so the song wouldn't be 'zackly alike, minus the electronics. the synths are happier! rofl.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8412634

I think it sounds really good so far and I love the song. Guitars sound great - what did you use?

On a side note, Sybreed is one of the only 'Meshuggahish' bands these days that doesn't irritate the living shit out me.

I think it sounds really good so far and I love the song. Guitars sound great - what did you use?

On a side note, Sybreed is one of the only 'Meshuggahish' bands these days that doesn't irritate the living shit out me.

Splat88 on that side note have you heard a band called Tesseract - www.myspace.com/tesseract - have a listen its pretty much meshuggah mixed with sikth. I discovered them recently, they're a really new band. I think its pretty fuckin cool :headbang:

Splat88 on that side note have you heard a band called Tesseract - www.myspace.com/tesseract - have a listen its pretty much meshuggah mixed with sikth. I discovered them recently, they're a really new band. I think its pretty fuckin cool :headbang:

Yes, I'm very familiar with them. No disrespect to Acle because he's a VERY talented musician, but I don't really care for their music. Their more recent stuff has branched out a lot more with all the dense layers, but a lot of the earlier stuff I heard is WAY too close to Meshuggah and Fredrick Thordendal's Sol Niger Within for me to be comfortable with.

Normally it wouldn't bug me, but I'm very partial to Meshuggah because they've been my favorite band since I heard None EP and Destroy Erase Improve in 1995. It sounds like a horrific cliche, but those two albums (even Contradictions Collapse) changed my musical life and the way I think about music. I swung from Meshuggah's nuts like nobody's business even though I didn't care for much of their material after DEI. I think my friends even got sick of me talking about Meshuggah this, Meshuggah that.

Now it seems that the incredible music they created is being degraded by a wave of new bands that churn out some generic polymetric riffing. I kind of equate it the overuse of the ballad by every single hair metal band of the 80s.

Again, I'm not trying to flame anyone or any band out there, I'm just putting my 2 cents in!

Yes, I'm very familiar with them. No disrespect to Acle because he's a VERY talented musician, but I don't really care for their music. Their more recent stuff has branched out a lot more with all the dense layers, but a lot of the earlier stuff I heard is WAY too close to Meshuggah and Fredrick Thordendal's Sol Niger Within for me to be comfortable with.

Normally it wouldn't bug me, but I'm very partial to Meshuggah because they've been my favorite band since I heard None EP and Destroy Erase Improve in 1995. It sounds like a horrific cliche, but those two albums (even Contradictions Collapse) changed my musical life and the way I think about music. I swung from Meshuggah's nuts like nobody's business even though I didn't care for much of their material after DEI. I think my friends even got sick of me talking about Meshuggah this, Meshuggah that.

Now it seems that the incredible music they created is being degraded by a wave of new bands that churn out some generic polymetric riffing. I kind of equate it the overuse of the ballad by every single hair metal band of the 80s.

Again, I'm not trying to flame anyone or any band out there, I'm just putting my 2 cents in!

Fair play about Tesseract, I really like the song on their myspace now although the earlier stuff was pure meshuggah rip i'll give you that.
Yea and its the same as sikth, there are literally a million underground uk bands here pwnin the sikth thing. 2 vocalists and the kitchen sink and everything.

Remember acle's old band? They were like sikthshuggah! Pretty good stuff, if not a little formulatic. I like tesseract a lot! One of my fave djent bands. I gotta say tho, as far as meshuggahish bands, chimp spanner wins for me! If only I had a speck of the talent he has! I wouldn't ever leave my little recording area... lol.

Remember acle's old band? They were like sikthshuggah! Pretty good stuff, if not a little formulatic. I like tesseract a lot! One of my fave djent bands. I gotta say tho, as far as meshuggahish bands, chimp spanner wins for me! If only I had a speck of the talent he has! I wouldn't ever leave my little recording area... lol.

Major +1 to Chimp Spanner. I had his stuff on repeat for 6 months when I first heard it back in 2004 or so. The guy is a monster!

Thanks chris p! The synthesis are mostly goliath and the ones that come stock in logic. I do post processing to most synth stuff I do, like bitcrushing, eq and reverb.

NIce man. Head over to KvR and gram the synths that are in this years developers challenge - there are a few REALLY good freebies to be had.

Sounds really good man - and you're getting really good at getting good mixes with TMF!!!!!! :headbang:

damn, what a brutal mix. great job dude! may I ask what drums you're using?

its Superior Drummer 2 with DFH, or course! (i know, 'lol') haha.

but, yeah, the sybreed production thread got me curious, and i remixed this song, the kick, guits and overall low end mostly, whatcha'll think?