Symphony X news (not good)

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Monday, May 08, 2006

Important Announcement

May 8, 2006

World Management and Symphony X regretfully announce that the European Festivals for June in Sweden and Spain will unfortunately have to be cancelled due to severe illness. We hope that Michael LePonds surgery will go well, and wish him a speedy and full recovery. We would like to let all the fans know that we will be back on tour in fall of 2006 around release of the bands next record.

Please read Post below:

FROM MICHAEL LEPOND -

To whom it may concern,

I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease (an Inflammatory Bowel disorder). This has caused an obstruction in my small intestine, making it impossible to digest solid foods. Currently, I am hospitalized where they can feed me through an I.V. unit supplemented with a liquid diet.

But, there is some good news. The doctors tell me that with a surgical procedure, they will have me back to 100n about 6 weeks, and although it is a chronic disease, this procedure will make it much easier to control it's effects in the future.

I want to thank the band, the crew, the fans and everyone else involved for your understanding and support during this tough time. You will all make my healing process much easier and I'll be back on the bass in no time.

Michael LePond

- - - - - - - - - -

Note:

We have set up a mailbox where get well wishes can be sent to Mike (so please do not post them here)..send your e-mail to getwellmike@symphonyx.com and it will be printed out and sent to him until he's able to access the mailbox himself.

That's sad news indeed. First and foremost I wish Mike a good speedy recovery. I know Crohn's is a very painful disease to begin with. Secondly, I hope they are able to make up the tour. They are an excellent live band.

Bryant

Thats very bad news, I know, because I have Crohn's Disease as well. Even though there are several levels of having this disease it can wreck your life completely. I hope Michael will pull through and I wish him all the strength in the world.

He is going to need it, believe me.

Poor guy! :( I hope his health gets better and he's able to continue with Symphony X.