Symphony X.....really symphonic at all??

Indestructible

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2010
Yknow guys, Symphony X is a pretty fucking good band, but I don't always get why they have Symphony in their name. I mean, maybe their debut and The Damnation Game are a little symphonic. But the rest of their albums aren't that symphonic at all......

so yeah, just curious what y'all think....are they still symphonic? I personally don't think so. Paradise Lost for example is not symphonic at all if you ask me.

It's a band name, dude :lol:

They've had symphonic elements but... it's just a band name.

Yeah, Fairyland doesn't sing about fairies, Sonata Arctica doesn't write sonatas..

Their music isnt symphonic, but you can hear symphonic orchestrations in their music especially in the album V and tracks such as odyssey. They seem to be getting heavier these days and more guitar driven though.

Their music isnt symphonic, but you can hear symphonic orchestrations in their music especially in the album V and tracks such as odyssey. They seem to be getting heavier these days and more guitar driven though.

Yarr, this.

Also, SymphX is playing The Odyssey as an encore at the US shows, it seems, because of Nevermore dropping out of the tour! I'm definitely going to this show now after being on the fence - can't wait!

When you look up bands somewhere such as on the internet and you see a band called Symphony X, you immediately think 'they are probably symphonic those guys........' and yeah yknow it kind of makes the impression that it's a symphonic band.

but when you actually hear them you tel lyourself 'wtf they are not symphonic at all those jerks'.

but yeh it's just a name I guess.

trollface.jpg