Apr 16, 2001
Sydney, Australia
homepage.mac.com
Taken from the official site:

"

Info on the new album
Monday March 25 2002 @ 10:08AM CST

Yo Folks,

I spoke with mike LePond a couple of days ago regarding the new album. LePond told me that they are looking forward to full the CD by 74 minutes. This new CD will be heavier - but following the excellence of V. Fans of The Divine Wings of Tragedy should love the new album!

The expected release date for the upcoming album is the 4th June.

"

Sounds Awesome!!!

I've heard the band mentioned a lot. One of my friends said he stopped listening to Dream Theater after he heard them. Are they technical or something? Fill me in!

The 'cult' of Dream Theatre where DT fans think everything else becomes secondary...yawn. Symphony X changed the world with "V - The New Mythology Suite". That is a mind trip of an album - you gotta turn the lights out and listen to it all in one go. Check out Communion and the Oracle for a sample....

Funny thing is, they're probably the ugliest band I have seen in a while. Mike Romeo is a cool guitarist if you can get past the joke that he weighs 300lb. But seriously, the guy knows how to shred - and none of this old Malmsteen/Impelliterri style of shredding where they play fast without caring how they drive the listeners to near suicidal boredom.

Symphony X can play live really well too - they've garnered a lot of respect (in the last 12 months especially). Now they just have to find a nearby gym....

yes! romeo has in my opinion taken guitar playing to another level.
No-one i have heard for many years has created such an awesome blend of feel, shred and the ability to write a great memorable solo. You never know where he is going next.

JP from dream theatre is also incredible -

these guys make guitar playing very depressing indeed!haha

"I am off to get my shotgun"

Just when you think you've got somewhere with your chops, along comes Michael Romeo and blows everything away. He makes my playing sound like a tone deaf monkey strumming with my left foot.

Seriously people, forget the 'conventional' guitarists, check out Romeo - he surpasses them all, whether you like Prog Metal or not.