Symphorce for PowerFest!!!

I used to love Symphorce and Brainstorm.
While I still like them, I have grown a bit tired of them.
Every album is the same formula.
I still would like to see them live sometime.

I used to love Symphorce and Brainstorm.
While I still like them, I have grown a bit tired of them.
Every album is the same formula.

really? I think there is a lot of variation between the last three Symphorce discs... plus, I liked Brainstorm - Soul Temptation a lot (one of the best dark power metal releases ever), but the follow-up, Liquid Monster, did nothing for me; the songs were completely unmemorable. BS's previous material was much more Euro-cheese (but GOOD Euro-cheese)... I think both bands' formulas have changed over the years.

You are right. Symphorce definitely changes the sound a bit more than Brainstorm has over the past couple.

My fav Brainstorm is prolly Metus Mortis, and fav Symphorce is prolly Twice Second.

I guess its just that my tastes have changed a lot in the past few years, where the proggy power metal stuff bores me a bit these days.

Symphorce sure seems to experiment more than Brainstorm. I actually liked Symphorce's Godspeed a lot better than Brainstorm's Liquid Monster. I agree with boob Bob that Soul Temptation was great. I also like Metus Mortis quite a bit. My favorite Symphorce discs are Sinctuary, and Godspeed.

As for the new Symphorce .. they changed their sound more than ever. It's much more modern sounding, and they have a few tracks that are pretty much goth. I don't know if it all works yet ... still testing it out. The disc has it's moments, but I think it will disappoint a lot of fans. We'll see.

Britt