Taking my bass(es) to college?

MaskedJackal

4003 = <3
Aug 28, 2004
WA/MD- USA
www.squidlair.blogspot.com
Steve, I know you travel a hell of a lot with Sadus and for other projects. For a musician on a budget, what do you reccomend, transportation wise? Assuming I don't get the Rickenbacker I'm saving for, I'm taking a Hamer Explorer-style bass in its own hardshell and a shortscale acoustic in a soft gig bag. Any suggestions, tips, tricks, sagely advice etc? Much thanks! :worship:

TheNocturnals said:
Assuming I don't get the Rickenbacker I'm saving for

Woah, you're gonna get a Rick? The 4001 right? I got one of those years back and even though the price tag is high, and even though I don't really play bass other than to my own amusement, I have to say that the 4001 is like the Benz of basses. Classic and always classy. I've always wondered about the Cheyenne model though...

Try "freight" shipping to see if it's cheaper. Probably more incovenient though because of pick-up locations. Remember you can board a plan with 2 checked bags and as long as they're both 50 pounds or under your fine. I think I took the 4001 on a plane once and they didn't charge me any overweight fees for it. Best of luck to you in school.