TBDM "Nocturnal" Drums

IanBTS

Mar 27, 2009
Been listening to The Black Dahlia Murder's album "Nocturnal" recently, and am crazy over the drum sound. Anyone know how Suecof might have made the drums (toms, specifically) sound that huge?:worship:

No kidding? I didn't dig the drums at all when I heard that CD. Sounded like an electric kit imo.
But Jason still rules tho and I still love him even tho he stopped loving me :mad:

Samples.

However, while those drums sound good to me, they don't sound especially big. There's a couple snare hits at the beginning of "Climactic Degradation" that one could borrow if they were so inclined. Of course I would NEVER... :D

I've been listening to this album again recently, and for some reason, I really dig it now, whereas I didn't when I first got it.

It's a bit different than what I'm used to I suppose. I thought Eric Rachel produced/mixed this? Or was that Miasma?

Suecof mixed it for sure. I like the sound on it alot...obviously sampled, but still really tight and I think it sound's pretty ridiculous. The beginning of "Everything Went Black" just kicks me in the balls every time I listen to it.

I guess I just like that type of drum sound though. I don't think it sounds nearly as electronic as say...The Faceless, though.

Samples.

However, while those drums sound good to me, they don't sound especially big. There's a couple snare hits at the beginning of "Climactic Degradation" that one could borrow if they were so inclined. Of course I would NEVER... :D

Well I just can resist so I did it and ...sound really good in fact I mixed with a hit of snare of Beneath the massacre and sounds killer