TC Electronic Flashback X4 anyone?

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Thinking about replacing my Marshall Echohead (Tap Tempo) & MXR Carbon Copy with the X4. In direct comparison the MXR slays the Flashback soundwise to me, but the flexibility of the X4 makes me gasing hard right now ;-)

I use the MXR for leads and clean stuff. The Marshall is used because of the tap tempo, which is a feature I don't want to miss anymore. My 2 presets are always a compromise, which the X4 would solve.

The sound of the MXR sounds great, but buried in a live show one doesn't really hear the difference. ;-)

What are your opinions about the flashback?

Cheers, Markus.

Thanks for your reply & the great review.
That comparision disappointed me a little bit but reminded me that I had a similar impression when I checked out the MXR & the Flashback.
I love the self osc. stuff but I rarely use.

Right now I'm stuck between "great sound (but not that noticable live/rehearsal)" & "ok sound but great flexibility". :yell:

The best way would be the Strymon, but thats way out of reach moneywise. ;-)

Cheers, Markus.

isnt the toneprint editor about to be released? I have a vox delaylab but I dont like its modulations so I was thinking of the X4 ..and the toneprint editor is seeexy

Nah man, it was released t'other day:
www.tcelectronic.com/toneprint-editor/support

Personally I think the TC delays are fucking great and I think it's totally possible for a digital pedal to do a really great analog sound. If the TC isn't fully to your taste, try the Diamond Memory Lane Junior.

Or maybe try the Tap Tempo Memory Boy from Electro Harmonix.

Ahhh, didn't get their email reminder
but
353ft5.jpg