TC Finalizer Express

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
TC Finalizer Express....This is a killer unit and I've gone back and forth on what to do. I've decided that I indeed will be selling this. Going completely ITB is the way for me right now, and I just need to get on with it.

400 shipped, contiguous 48 states only please.

Right now I have Ozone 3, and I've had the Waves Mastering bundle for a good while. I've also downloaded the demo for Ozone 4 and I liked it actually much better than 3.

My usual chain is an SSL bus style comp, tape saturation, EQ (usually just LP and HP), MB comp., Ozone (maximizer and limiter running very lightly), clipper and then another limiter. Before that, I had bus style comp>Tape saturator>Finalizer>EQ (if necessary)>Clipping>limiter.

Lately, I've been "mastering" as I mix for demo work, and that's where the idea for dropping this unit in favor of new plugins has come into play. I'd be looking to get Ozone 4, and perhaps the Sonnox inflator, along with my current plugs.

If this doesn't sell, I won't be heartbroken. I'm on the fence about the sale, honestly. I've got more GAS than anything, and I keep coming back to the idea that some of my favorite metal work I've personally done has been without this unit...But, man, I like what it does. It gives everything more beef, and I just can't get that with ITB mastering...yet. If I could get the plugins without selling this, I definitely would. *sigh* I've just got more places I want to throw money without the money to throw.