technical guitar

legatoman

New Metal Member
May 3, 2005
Chris I was wondering if you could suggest some of the most technically difficult guitar stuff that is out there to learn I am into all the crazy stuff but am working on ideas to really try to come up with some wild stuff I hope to have a website up soon and would like some ideas I do have a music thoery background so I would be able to understand what is going on I hv studied petrucci, tafolla, becker, lane, holdsworth, gambale, garsed, gilbert, romeo, howe, vai, and angelo to name a few I am not content on just reproducing their licks I want to take the ideas and concepts that they started and take them to the next level to where they listen and they go wow! I remember when I talked to you that night I asked what album you suggested to buy and you told me thane to the throne and I was very impressed with that I could hear the definite classical influence in your playing and I thought that that album was very good guitar wise and we also picked up the DVD which all of you signed and that was great too any ideas and input you have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris

legatoman said:
Chris I was wondering if you could suggest some of the most technically difficult guitar stuff that is out there to learn I am into all the crazy stuff but am working on ideas to really try to come up with some wild stuff I hope to have a website up soon and would like some ideas I do have a music thoery background so I would be able to understand what is going on I hv studied petrucci, tafolla, becker, lane, holdsworth, gambale, garsed, gilbert, romeo, howe, vai, and angelo to name a few I am not content on just reproducing their licks I want to take the ideas and concepts that they started and take them to the next level to where they listen and they go wow! I remember when I talked to you that night I asked what album you suggested to buy and you told me thane to the throne and I was very impressed with that I could hear the definite classical influence in your playing and I thought that that album was very good guitar wise and we also picked up the DVD which all of you signed and that was great too any ideas and input you have would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris
HMMM!!!
well I could metion a lot of guitarists like Shawn Lane and Greg Howe, but I think it sounds like your a very advanced player and should spend a little time abstracting variations of what you know, or work on your phrasing, because in the end thats what will set you apart from others (let me know some riffs that you have created). Actually If you wanted to really branch out pick up some studies for a different instrument ( I have been working with the Krietzer Violin studies) which will present things in a non-guitaristic manner.
Let me know what you think, Chris.